4000014 - The Legoland Train

TheOrcKing

As per tradition since 2005, Lego holds an annual special event known as the Lego Inside Tour and at the end of these if you were one of the lucky few to attend then an exclusive set would be given as a gift commemorating the tour. Here is this year's Inside Tour exclusive. Also, The New Elementary has a review up for your curious perusal.

via The Brick Fan

14466858065_60825a6d60_b.jpg

14465705514_465bbf7484_b.jpg

14465844822_756cb59f46_b.jpg

14280403307_8b71fe37ab_b.jpg

• Like 2

It must be such a treat for anyone who goes on the tour. The free set that they give to all the participants could easily make up for $300-400 of the price. Of course if I went, I'd keep it for sentimental value.

Is a picture of all the participants on the back of the box? Wow, that would be a treat in itself!

I followed the links from the review above and realized I can't afford the Lego Inside Tour.  Put it on the list of things to do when I've sold enough Lego/won the lottery...

It's very simple. Every time you sell Lego, save 1% of that sale and keep on saving that 1% until you get to the amount you need to get a Lego Inside Tour. If you do that, you would need to sell a lot of Lego. Winning the lottery would a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I have no plans to open either one yet! Attached is my wife's copy. Top is signed by Mads Nipper and bottom is signed by the designer. I, being the huge and great lego fan I am, have forgot his name.

Did the same people sign every copy ? Or did they differ amongst the 5 tour groups ?

Duh just compared your picture and 1st post. Did you have to ask the person to sign or did it come like that ?

Did the same people sign every copy ? Or did they differ amongst the 5 tour groups ?

Duh just compared your picture and 1st post. Did you have to ask the person to sign or did it come like that ?

Had to ask, but everyone basically formed a line immediately. Most got his signature on the outer sleeve, but some just got his signature on the white inner box. My wife opted to have Mads sign hers, I didn't. He's just a VP of something, not the designer. :)

The pictures in the first post were from CK...a guy from Hong Kong. He wisely brought a few padded containers (based on size of previous insider sets) to protect the set on the way back home. I was literally just carrying a Lego bag with the sets onto the plane with no other protection (a bit nerve wracking).

Had to ask, but everyone basically formed a line immediately. Most got his signature on the outer sleeve, but some just got his signature on the white inner box. My wife opted to have Mads sign hers, I didn't. He's just a VP of something, not the designer. :)

The pictures in the first post were from CK...a guy from Hong Kong. He wisely brought a few padded containers (based on size of previous insider sets) to protect the set on the way back home. I was literally just carrying a Lego bag with the sets onto the plane with no other protection (a bit nerve wracking).

So the signatures were "optional". Not that I am planning on a tour anytime soon :)

I know what you meant about carrying sets without protections. I found a couple of the Zombies sets during layover and had them in shopping bag the entire flights home. I had to put them in the overhead compartments since they were too long for under the seats and too big for me to hold. I stuffed the bag with T-shirts to lessen any potential damage from any shifting luggages.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...