Lego Account Blocked -- Why?

neocacher

They said their system triggered because I was ordering multiples of the same unit.  For the next 6 days, or until I hear back, I can not order any more.  The sales lady was very vague.  Insinuated that there were rules that had to be followed concerning amounts ordered not for personal use.  I didn't know they had that policy in effect and may affect my decision to not invest in legos any more.  I am a new collector/investor.

What do you mean I am doing it wrong?????

Did you go over the limit of any individual set over multiple orders? For example, did you order more than 5 Ecto 1's in total? If you did then this will lead you straight to Bansville, USA. 

Don't worry though, you can still go to brick and mortar store, just don't use VIP card and use a different credit card than the one you used online. Also, plenty of other places to get Lego. Don't let it get you down.  8)

A couple of things for many of you new investors...

• LEGO will ban you for multiple purchases of the same set from LEGO S@H within a short period of time...especially exclusives.
  • LEGO is not very clear on these limits, but take it from experience, people will be banned for multiple and frequent purchases of the same set
  • Mixing up purchases and keeping set purchases to 2 or 3 can prevent most bans
  • Even if banned from LEGO S@H, there are many other options to buy LEGO sets...Amazon, eBay, TRU, Target, Walmart, etc...Many have better deals than LEGO themselves
  • Like 1

• Even if banned from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home, there are many other options to buy LEGO sets...Amazon, eBay, TRU, Target, Walmart, etc...Many have better deals than LEGO themselves

The only downside to not being able to buy from Lego, is that you won't be able to get the free promos every time you spend over a certain amount.

It's not a deal breaker.....investors will live.

It's not a deal breaker, but for the person who is an investor and a collector, the free promo is worth something. It is much easier to buy a Lego set from LEGO Shop at Home and get a free promo than to buy it off eBay for $20+.

• Like 1

P.S.  Heck, I am a newbie and I did not know that I was doing anything wrong.  I didn't get a warning letter or nothing.  And if they flush my points, that is like stealing.

If you don't mind, list what you bought.  I never understood why LEGO puts purchase limits on sets and people get banned for buying within those limits.  That being said, LEGO has the right to cancel any order or your VIP membership if they think you are a reseller.  

5 tower bridges   1 winter village,  4 VW, 3 grand emporium.  Ordered over a 10 day period , one per order.  I got blocked on my 4th Grand emporium.  I also have a haunted house that is pending, and I don't know If i will get that.  I lost over $50 in points.

Again, is there any chance they may unban me ? does anyone know of anyone that has been unbanned?

5 tower bridges   1 winter village,  4 VW, 3 grand emporium.  Ordered over a 10 day period , one per order.  I got blocked on my 4th Grand emporium.  I also have a haunted house that is pending, and I don't know If i will get that.  I lost over $50 in points.

Again, is there any chance they may unban me ? does anyone know of anyone that has been unbanned?

And that is exactly why you were banned. 13 seperate orders within 10 days is really suspicious. I doubt they would unban you. Your purchase record makes it much too obvious that you are a reseller. Use some strategies, like spacing out your purchases, and buying from actual LEGO stores, or other retailers. Often times, you can get better deals from other sources. Trust me, getting banned is not the end of Lego investing. I've bought more from Target and Amazon simply because their prices are better, and they don't ban you. They do enforce purchase limits, but other than that, after the time-period is over, you can buy as many as you need.

• Like 2

A couple of things for many of you new investors...

• LEGO will ban you for multiple purchases of the same set from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home within a short period of time...especially exclusives.
  • LEGO is not very clear on these limits, but take it from experience, people will be banned for multiple and frequent purchases of the same set
  • Mixing up purchases and keeping set purchases to 2 or 3 can prevent most bans
  • Even if banned from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home, there are many other options to buy LEGO sets...Amazon, eBay, TRU, Target, Walmart, etc...Many have better deals than LEGO themselves

One exception...they WILL allow you to order 99 vampire hearses in one shot as long as they are on clearance for $9 each. They will not include a one way ticket to Bansville, USA for that.

• Like 2

i called Lego back to discuss it with them.  I am a newbie VIP (new to Legos also grandkids got me interested a few weeks ago) and explained that I am not a reseller.  They said so far I was only "blocked", not banned as of yet.  There is a review process.  The customer service person told me not to stress out about it.  I am thinking most likely I will be banned, but if I do, I will be really ticked off and may very well return everything I have purchased.  While I can see investing is worthwhile, there is a TON of work involved for little return per hour. So I may be out a few hundred bucks, but call it a learning experience.  

At the very least I am annoyed at Lego, because they really are not protecting anyone by limiting sales.  Unless there is a shortage of plastic I do not see why they are concerned if they sell 1000 sets or a million sets.  It really doesn't hurt anyone that I can see.  Basic economics would show that the more are sold, the more are available after retirement so prices will be cheaper to the public, thus serving them.  If no one stocked up on sets, then there would be none available for the future and prices would skyrocket.  That would only benefit the lucky ones.   Better than pick on us , they should pick on true retailers that withhold inventory because of rumors of retirement, etc. or jack up prices before retirement (i.e.. Target)

Maybe I will cool off in a few days, especially if I get a favorable ruling from Lego.  IF BANNED, my investing days are done, no matter how good the return, because I just don't believe in the philosophy of limiting sales of less than 5.  Its not like I ordered 100.

The only reason I ordered so heavily in the last 10 days, was because of my enthusiasm.  I easily could have spread it out had I known better.

• Like 1

One exception...they WILL allow you to order 99 vampire hearses in one shot as long as they are on clearance for $9 each. They will not include a one way ticket to Bansville, USA for that.

So if it clearly benefits them they will not ban you, but if you use to much savvy and pick and choose your purchases of exclusives they will block or ban you without warning?  What a great company philosophy!