Walmart Order Errors

justafrog

I have been trying to place some Walmart.com orders here and there for the past 10 days. Each time:

1. The order goes through at the website and I get an initial confirmation email from Walmart.

2. My bank or PayPal authorize the charges (but the money isn't removed from my accounts since the orders aren't full processed by wm.com yet).

3. And then I get a payment error email from Walmart.com telling me that the order failed to pass their security checks and has been cancelled.

When I contact wm.com customer service (phone or email), they tell me to try again, with another payment method, after 24 hours.

I've tried three different payment methods in four separate order attempts (different stuff each order) and have the exact same problem.

There is no problem with my payment methods - twice I've tried with MC Debit cards linked to our business accounts - the same accounts I use every day to order from merchants online and off, and I've confirmed with our bank that there is no problem with the cards and no hold on their part against walmart.com specifically; once I tried with my PayPal account which had plenty of funds - all have failed.

Wm.com customer service is, no shocker, no help. All I get is their canned responses.

Now, I'm not pulling my hair out here because Walmart sucks. :D I like the occasional deal there, but their shipping is the worst in the business and trying to get my sales tax refunds from them is like undergoing genital surgery without the benefit of anesthesia while being forced to listen to Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits.

So if I truly can't order from them ever again, fine, I'll live, but I thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone's ever had the problem and happens to have a magic bullet.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Are these all the TB ones? Because if so I can see if they screwed up the pricing on those those might get cancelled.

I've tried ordering a pair of Arkham Asylums, 5 Olivia's Houses, 2 Jabba's Sail Barges, and another one I can't remember what, in four different orders. Are you getting payment error messages, or just orders cancelled?

Thanks guys!

Are these all the TB ones? Because if so I can see if they screwed up the pricing on those those might get cancelled.

I've tried ordering a pair of Arkham Asylums, 5 Olivia's Houses, 2 Jabba's Sail Barges, and another one I can't remember what, in four different orders. Are you getting payment error messages, or just orders cancelled?

Thanks guys!

one is payment error then cancelled in like 5 mins.

one is not; all the way to processing for like 1 day then cancelled just now.

I have been trying to place some Walmart.com orders here and there for the past 10 days. Each time:

1. The order goes through at the website and I get an initial confirmation email from Walmart.

2. My bank or PayPal authorize the charges (but the money isn't removed from my accounts since the orders aren't full processed by wm.com yet).

3. And then I get a payment error email from Walmart.com telling me that the order failed to pass their security checks and has been cancelled.

When I contact wm.com customer service (phone or email), they tell me to try again, with another payment method, after 24 hours.

I've tried three different payment methods in four separate order attempts (different stuff each order) and have the exact same problem.

There is no problem with my payment methods - twice I've tried with MC Debit cards linked to our business accounts - the same accounts I use every day to order from merchants online and off, and I've confirmed with our bank that there is no problem with the cards and no hold on their part against walmart.com specifically; once I tried with my PayPal account which had plenty of funds - all have failed.

Wm.com customer service is, no shocker, no help. All I get is their canned responses.

Now, I'm not pulling my hair out here because Walmart sucks. :D I like the occasional deal there, but their shipping is the worst in the business and trying to get my sales tax refunds from them is like undergoing genital surgery without the benefit of anesthesia while being forced to listen to Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits.

So if I truly can't order from them ever again, fine, I'll live, but I thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone's ever had the problem and happens to have a magic bullet.

Thanks!

You've managed to get yourself banned from Wal-Mart, congrats.

• Like 1

You've managed to get yourself banned from Wal-Mart, congrats.

lol, I know, right?!

But no, that's not it. Or, at least not for the usual reasons. I have only ordered a few sets (successfully) on my WM account, so this is in no way any kind of velocity limit.

lol, I know, right?!

But no, that's not it. Or, at least not for the usual reasons. I have only ordered a few sets (successfully) on my WM account, so this is in no way any kind of velocity limit.

and it is not like all your orders got cancelled, right?

and it is not like all your orders got cancelled, right?

Every order in the past four orders has been cancelled due to "payment error" - so there is some sort of hold or block on my entire wm.com account for whatever reason.

Since the reason isn't on my end (there's no problem with any of my payment methods), I've been trying to get them to look more closely at their end - if they need me to pass more security checks or whatever that's fine and I'm trying to get someone to contact me to do that, but right now yes, I'm in an endless cycle of order/acceptance/cancellation for payment verification error.

Since wm.com customer service is as bad as every other aspect of their company, I am looking for things to try in addition to beating my head against the wall in daily contact with cs, and this thread was started with the thought that someone else here might have got stuck in the same kind of payment error I'm experiencing and have some advice.

One thing I find interesting of note, is that you mentioned Debit cards and Paypal, not credit cards.

I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it stuck out for me.

It doesn't. They're mastercard debit cards, treated exactly the same by online merchants, and I've used them in the past with wm.com. The PayPal account was the fourth attempt of four, thought I'd toss that into the mix and see if taking it outside our bank entirely would help. It didn't. 

It doesn't. They're mastercard debit cards, treated exactly the same by online merchants, and I've used them in the past with wm.com. The PayPal account was the fourth attempt of four, thought I'd toss that into the mix and see if taking it outside our bank entirely would help. It didn't.

You are correct about the cards. Retailers submit MasterCard debit card transactions exactly the same as a regular credit card. It's the processing company that treats them differently so if you've spoken to MC about them it shouldn't be the card. There is usually a third party company between the retailer and cc company though (ie Moneris is a big one) so in theory they could be the problem but I highly doubt it since PayPal failed too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

• 9 months later...

I am unable to place any orders with Walmart.com or Walmart.ca. They all got cancelled.

I called customer services, they said they will have someone to look into it and call me back... but they never call back.

Anyone had this experience before?

Did I get banned? I have been ordering from Walmart.com for many years, never had any issues before. :(