Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

I managed to snag one too.  Let's see if and when it actually ships.  

When something like this pops back up with a few limited items left in stock, where do you reckon the stock comes from?  Is it a safe purchase or are you better off popping the seals to make sure everything inside is sound and no minifgs were removed?

Edited by jonnyhanukkah

3 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I managed to snag one too.  Let's see if and when it actually ships.  

When something like this pops back up with a few limited items left in stock, where do you reckon the stock comes from?  Is it a safe purchase or are you better off popping the seals to make sure everything inside is sound and no minifgs were removed?

Lost and now found I would presume .

also they might have assumed control over a 3p's inventory . 

• Like 1

I'm guessing these will most likely come from 3P seller stock that was either dispositioned as misplaced at some point and the seller was reimbursed as BA mentioned, or from returns to 3P sellers that arrived very late and after the seller was already reimbursed for a non returned item.  I had one of those on a Tumbler not too long ago.

Just now, pcaster said:

I'm guessing these will most likely come from 3P seller stock that was either dispositioned as misplaced at some point and the seller was reimbursed as BA mentioned, or from returns to 3P sellers that arrived very late and after the seller was already reimbursed for a non returned item.  I had one of those on a Tumbler not too long ago.

ah ok, interesting.  I don't know too much about that world of Amazon/3P sellers.  Are these safe purchases, on average?  

I will be sure to report when/if I receive my Tumbler.

On 8/29/2016 at 9:50 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

Lost and now found I would presume .

also they might have assumed control over a 3p's inventory . 

I'm going with the 3p's inventory.  I received mine today from Sunday's order and as I was weighing it I noticed there was a $200 price tag on the bottom of the box.  The box weighed exactly 3.47kg, so I assume it's fine.

IMG_20160830_220538194(1).jpg

• Like 2

On 8/29/2016 at 11:02 AM, jonnyhanukkah said:

Let us know how yours are when/if they arrive! 

While trying to put the finishing touches on my "Why I hate Amazon" blog, I received this gem:

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"LEGO Superheroes 76023 The Tumbler (Discontinued by manufacturer)"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

Not that I really needed anymore Tumblers, I just like free money. So, as you can see, my blog is nowhere near complete. I don't want to ruin the surprise but the new title will be "Why I truly hate Amazon & Bezos."

Just now, dcdfan said:

While trying to put the finishing touches on my "Why I hate Amazon" blog, I received this gem:

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"LEGO Superheroes 76023 The Tumbler (Discontinued by manufacturer)"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

Not that I really needed anymore Tumblers, I just like free money. So, as you can see, my blog is nowhere near complete. I don't want to ruin the surprise but the new title will be "Why I truly hate Amazon & Bezos."

yeah I got the same e-mail - I was going to call in and complain when I had some time later today.  It would be nice if they would just grab one from another 3P seller and just eat the difference...

• Like 1