Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

​I don't even really understand what this Infinity is? Is it a real game? What do all those other characters have to do with it?  That part is pretty funny actually.

​Just like the Disney and Marvel Infinity lines.  It's basically Skylanders in the Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars universe.  Buy your little characters with RFID and memory chips in them, power them up in the game, etc.   MONEY GRAB!!!  It will be successful.

There was also 7264 - Imperial Inspection which had an updated Imperial Shuttle compared to 7166. 

​The new one is far superior to those old ones... but I'll just keep my UCS version. It's still my favorite all-time set.

​Love the geek (nerd) facts.  That's the way it's done.

​Ahem... it's better than free sandwiches. ;)

• Like 1

The Final Duel is gonna be big. Hopefully it portrays the play features well on the back of the box.

I want one of those a lot more than any non-UCS ship. Although that Imperial Shuttle does look like one of the finer ships for a childrens gift. Except that it's a shuttle, and I have no personal experience with how a kid feels towards that vs a gunship. Anyone else?

He, as well as the stephen and J from the brickshow  always get sets early and are the first to review almost every set. Perks of being the best at what they do.

​Yeah but in his Q&A he writes that he goes shopping like every other normal person... only that he is really looking to get them as early as possible.

so that's something I can't really believe...

He, as well as the stephen and J from the brickshow  always get sets early and are the first to review almost every set. Perks of being the best at what they do.

I love the reviews that Jangbricks does - however, I don't like that he makes a point of posting videos of brand new sets before they are available to the public and at the same time tells his viewers he just got them off the shelf somewhere just like anyone else would be able to.  If you read his FAQ it is the first question which he gets asked all the time in the comments.  I know if the above video he got them from TRU(who do put sets out early) but as a follower of his channel I have seen it over and over again.  My guess is that he has a great relationship with the local stores in his area and one the perks for him is availability to sets right when shipments come in because he has stated before he has no relationship with LEGO.  I just think it's a little insulting that he tells his 250,000+ viewers they all have the same access he does.  Either way I love his channel.  

Edited by runormal
  • Like 1

I love the reviews that Jangbricks does - however, I don't like that he makes a point of posting videos of brand new sets before they are available to the public and at the same time tells his viewers he just got them off the shelf somewhere just like anyone else would be able to.  If you read his FAQ it is the first question which he gets asked all the time in the comments.  I know if the above video he got them from TRU(who do put sets out early) but as a follower of his channel I have seen it over and over again.  My guess is that he has a great relationship with the local stores in his area and one the perks for him is availability to sets right when shipments come in because he has stated before he has no relationship with LEGO.  I just think it's a little insulting that he tells his 250,000+ viewers they all have the same access he does.  Either way I love his channel.  

​Sometimes we just need to bear a little insult to see the good reviews ;)

• Like 2

So I was at my Toys R' Us this weekend, and they had the Emperor's Throne Room set, the new Imperial Shuttle and a few other of the new sets.  Are these supposed to be out?  I don't see them on Amazon anywhere, or anywhere us, unless I'm blind.  Any thoughts?  Was this Toys R' Us jumping the gun, or did I just miss these releases?

So I was at my Toys R' Us this weekend, and they had the Emperor's Throne Room set, the new Imperial Shuttle and a few other of the new sets.  Are these supposed to be out?  I don't see them on Amazon anywhere, or anywhere us, unless I'm blind.  Any thoughts?  Was this Toys R' Us jumping the gun, or did I just miss these releases?

​Their weekly ads mentioned 25 newest LEGO sets available in store only.

​Toys R Us usually has the new sets out a month or two before they are supposed to be released. They have done this for many year.

​Toys R Us usually has the new sets out a month or two before they are supposed to be released. They have done this for many year.

So is it worth picking up these sets early?  Is there money to be had re-selling them online now for those who want them early?  I can't even find them on ebay.

​I saw that one from 5/15, but since it was best offer accepted, wouldn't it be guaranteed lower than $219? I was not trying to be nitpick-y although it will sound like it :P  

Back to original question, is it good for flip ? It depends on how many people read this thread and decide to become your competitors ;) 

Yeah, there is always that few days to a week window early in the cycle, and I believe the official release date on these is June 1st, so there's still about 2 weeks left before they are everywhere.  I figure these things will be swimming in stores come october, and then you will see them at discounts later on next year.  As much as I'd like to build the Imperial shuttle, i'm with those that prefer buying this wave much later, and at a discount (when and if they occur, which they will).  Right now is the time to invest in the 2014 waves. 

But i'm definitely going to find it tough not to swarm the local outlets during the September 4th event this year and buy some of the better sets and figures.  If one is flying over 3x retail then it would be hard not to flip it.  If they aren't flying that high, well they will make great christmas gifts. 

​right... I think even by saying "he can't give any statements to this, but he has no relationship with LEGO when it comes to the early sets" it would have been better.
I mean personally I'm happy to see these reviews and of course I'd like to have the sets right now as well! But on the other hand I can wait 2 more month without getting all crazy ;-)

is everyone sure that, although final duel is a much more legendary scene and original trilogy that it wont be a flop like palps arrest?

disclaimer: i am by no means an original trilogy elitist. :victory:

​I don't know if you can already speak of a flop or no but:

I don't think you can compare these two. Palpatines Arrest might be one of the key scenes but at least for me it never had the same importance as the final duel scene.

When Palpatines Arrest came out I was thinking: Yeah... meh... got all these cool jedi minifigs but I'm not spending that much money only for the minifigs

With the new final duel I immediately loved this set! I mean it's probably my favorite of this new wave (second place would be the shuttle). You just "FEEL" the atmosphere... don't know how to express it better ;-)

• Like 1

I don't want to get off track but yes I'm quite sure Jang gets his sets early by other means than just walking into a store and buying them. Before he switched to lego he had a huge youtube channel where he did reviews of hobby grade RC cars and trucks. He got the really cool RCs first also so he definitely has connections. The tracks and hobby in his area of  basically non existent now from when the economy took a downturn so he moved on to lego. I'm sure some of you know but the hobby RC business is many many times more expensive than the lego hobby. I found that out the hard way :(