10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

You can have 4 years in the time machine. I want slightly more years. Shame I wasn't in Lego investing 10 years ago. Amazon.com didn't include sales tax, exclusives were nicely discounted and most importantly, many many cool sets were either already released or about to be.

That's alright, they didn't have Mixels.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Regardless of what profit I get, my wife already has the money spent.  No joke, trip to Hawaii.  Now we just have to wait and see how much the sales cover when we go in a couple years.

Lets just hope Disney doesn't want to make a cheese-slope-SSD next or the only trip we all are going to be making is to the TRUs parking lot. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

My parents told me that they found someone selling a box of LEGO that's all the factory sealed bags. They said it's mostly grey bricks with some blue, yellow and tan. There may be close to 20 bags. They said that there's no numbering on the bags but that each of them say 2011 The LEGO Group. Since I am at work and cannot look at them until later I was wondering if anyone knows if the bags of this set are numbered.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realize this set is getting up there in price, but the MF and ISS are way out of my price range.  What would be a safe price to buy this at to have a chance to still double your money in a couple years?  Most I see are in that $800-$900 range right now.

1 hour ago, NIevo said:

I realize this set is getting up there in price, but the MF and ISS are way out of my price range.  What would be a safe price to buy this at to have a chance to still double your money in a couple years?  Most I see are in that $800-$900 range right now.

Prices I been seeing say there's not much chance that's going to happen.

But you never know.

On 17 januari 2016 at 9:23 PM, Val-E said:

If I had an SSD for every person that has said that.

Next question is how many are still hoarded and not listed and how high it will eventually go - 5x RRP?

I sold already more than half my inventory. This was my most hoarded set... Couldn't resist locking in profits and reduce the exposure.

• Like 1

This set is listed for €700 to €800 range here in Netherlands. If you considering rrp it is already 2x. Will it go higher and how high is the question.
The price as I've seen last 6 mths or so here didn't move up a lot. Talk of breaching €1000 never materialise.

I came out of my dark age late. Perhaps some veterans can chime in on the price movement...I doubt you can get €1400 in 2 years assuming you buying a MISB set at €700 and that provided you can find one at that price.

38 minutes ago, Ma-gic said:

This set is listed for €700 to €800 range here in Netherlands. If you considering rrp it is already 2x. Will it go higher and how high is the question.
The price as I've seen last 6 mths or so here didn't move up a lot. Talk of breaching €1000 never materialise.

I came out of my dark age late. Perhaps some veterans can chime in on the price movement...I doubt you can get €1400 in 2 years assuming you buying a MISB set at €700 and that provided you can find one at that price.

Many of us feel only a couple of post-2012 retired NISB sets have the potential to appreciate remotely close to many of the sets introduced in the 2000s (Taj Mahal, Grand Carousel, ISD, Cafe Corner, etc...).  

10221 SSD is one of them.   Some folks forget that it took years for most of the 2000s sets to apprefiste dramatically.  So it wouldn't surprise me if the SSD needed 18-24 more months to see consistent global sales of $1000 / €1200 (excluding postage ) and then keep increasing steadily each yr.

• Like 2

This set was going for about €1K about a year ago and has dropped by €200 since. My feeling is that a lot of them were being bought for investment and not opened and are just being put back on the market. The Lepin clones haven't helped either.

Yup, this one is only going in one direction now the 150 euro clones are everywhere.

I saw this on Facebook. Someone commented with pictures of one (Lepin) honestly couldn't tell the difference. Granted the photos were taken 4-5 feet away from it. That being said all the comments were. "I'm so buying that" "why would I pay a 1,000 when I can get this for 150". I assumed it would be the opposite but I guess we are in bubbles here some times (play on words...lol)

Was shocked to see 100s of people be totally ok with buying fake stuff. I guess to an average fan it doesn't matter. That being said to my advantage it's dropping I still don't have one. Used seems to be in the 500s now and I've seen em as low as 725 shipped new/sealed.

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

IANAM (I am not a Mod), but AFAIK we don't discuss the-cloner-who-shall-not-be-named here, as per the updated site policy. Don't want to give them more visibility than they already have. Cloner talk has a separate private group if discussion is necessary.

I'm suprised the-cloner-who-shall-not be-named doesn't get the same ***** modification that the seeker of bricks does.

IANAM (I am not a Mod), but AFAIK we don't discuss the-cloner-who-shall-not-be-named here, as per the updated site policy. Don't want to give them more visibility than they already have. Cloner talk has a separate private group if discussion is necessary.

Agree and we have talked about this in bubble/other threads. To the SSD point something needs to be done. Hopefully lego taking action does something. Everyone on here is a fan of Lego or reseller or both. No one is going to prefer the voldemort brand over the real brand. That is here though...not the rest of the world. I remember shrugging off the idea of this issue but it's bigger than I thought and it's problematic for all of us.

hi all,  thanks for the recent input.  lepin is here and we are all aware of its impact. .  let's just please remember to not go too deep here (and other set specific topics) as we do have a topic specific for it.

going back to the original post, @NIevo asked, "What would be a safe price to buy this at to have a chance to still double your money in a couple years?  Most I see are in that $800-$900 range right now."