Creator 2015

Alpinemaps

"LEGO Detective Agency Modular Set Coming In 2015"

Soooo like a police station? The blurred background looks good!

For more info:

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-detective-agency-modular-set-coming-2015/

That image uses somebody's custom modular posted on flickr faded in the background and is not official. I am pretty sure I know the structure and probably is somewhere in my favorites but I can't remember right this moment.

I cannot wait for this to come out. Although I was hoping for a modular bad ass train station. I wonder what this detective/police agency will do to the value of the fire brigade. In my head people would like to have both together. If this is a corner building as well it only makes more sense and confirms Grand Emporium to retire soon. At least to me.

I cannot wait for this to come out. Although I was hoping for a modular bad ass train station. I wonder what this detective/police agency will do to the value of the fire brigade. In my head people would like to have both together. If this is a corner building as well it only makes more sense and confirms Grand Emporium to retire soon. At least to me.

I was also hoping for some sort of transit station, seems like the next logical addition to a modular city.

I doubt this will be a corner, though. If you go by the pattern of modular releases since the start, this will not be a corner building. The Palace Cinema just released last year and will be around for quite a while.  

"LEGO Detective Agency Modular Set Coming In 2015"

Soooo like a police station? The blurred background looks good!

LEGO-Detective-Agency.jpg

For more info:

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-detective-agency-modular-set-coming-2015/

That image uses somebody's custom modular posted on flickr faded in the background and is not official.

Just as I pointed out that image uses someone's custom modular blurred in the background and is not official, here is my proof.

6827930128_fe5c66a309_b.jpg

>Pumpkin Factory by RedCoKid

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Was checking out another site and someone posted the following link:

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-creator-expert/lego-10246-detective-bureau.html

Does this make it official??

BTW - That Pumpkin Factory MOC posted above is so damn amazing. Thinking about buying the plans so I can figure out the elevator mechanism.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This block is going to be crazy now. In one building, a family is choosing a new cherished pet, next door- a young couple pick fresh vegetables from the market for a potato salad dish and plan a trip to the theatre later. In an adjacent building, "suspects" are being water-boarded while two shady henchmen attach the wiring of a golf cart battery to a criminal that simply won't talk.

This is a much-needed element of realism for the modular line which, generally speaking, overly romananticize and idealize authentic urban life. It's not all ice cream and bicycle shops in the real world; TLG needs to draw more on The Wire and less on Mary Poppins when considering future designs.

I am relieved however, to hear of the new 4,622 piece Creator set for 2015- "Guantanamo Bay".

Am I the only one who is wondering about a theoretical "detective agency" being the only modular you cannot really connect to a certain building (front) look - leaving the question why they name it "detective agency", mabe because they will (from now on) add more play value? (making in more of a detective agency on the inside). I mean a restaurant, a cafe, a (pet) shop, a fire brigade, town hall, cinema etc. all can be identified from outside either by the building (front) itself or by some remarkable shopwindows / signs / advertisement etc. But a detective agency? Is there really a characteristic building for that? So why not call it something like "ancient office building" - of course a little bit more refined one of a name in the end. I hope you get what I'm talking about. What does - for example - a "PR agency BUILDING" or a "travel agency BUILDING" look like? Would it be any different from the detective one (I mean in real life)?  I still dont get the name and will doubt till release that this will really be the official name.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...