• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Are they a good investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

3 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I just don't think there is anywhere near enough detail in the skyline sets. I just find them unattractive.

Just look at 1 World Trade Center in the NY skyline.

I love them, but understand. Of course, liking them or not has little to do with how they perform. I felt the first Burj Khalifa was utterly pathetic. It did quite well until the remake.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

I love them, but understand. Of course, liking them or not has little to do with how they perform. I felt the first Burj Khalifa was utterly pathetic. It did quite well until the remake.

Ditto SSN. There are more complex Duplo sets with higher piece counts and it has still done fine despite being in production forever.

Guest TabbyBoy

I wonder how the remade Burj Khalifa and Guggenheim Museum sets will perform compare to their originals? Both look tempting, but the chance of a very long shelf life and regular discounts puts me off.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I wonder how the remade Burj Khalifa and Guggenheim Museum sets will perform compare to their originals? Both look tempting, but the chance of a very long shelf life and regular discounts puts me off.

I plan on going in deep on GM when it's time. BK not so much.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Time is the prime reason I don't play the architecture game. Great profits can be had, as evidenced many times in the past, but I can't be bothered because the shelf life is such a wildcard.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, minicoopers11 said:

Time is the prime reason I don't play the architecture game. Great profits can be had, as evidenced many times in the past, but I can't be bothered because the shelf life is such a wildcard.

Doesn't that apply to all sets these days?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Great Wall of China and Statue of Liberty are coming! YES!

This is great news! I'm truly extadic! Any Chinese set is worth it's weight in gold. Most in America don't understand the Chinese economy let alone resellers. If one were to have the means to purchase 10k units of either the Great Wall or Shenghi, their inventory would not last long after retirement. As Jimmy Rogers keeps saying, the Chinese economy is the economy of the 21st century. Anyone in that economy will be rich and anyone not in it will be shut out. The only way to capitalize on the boom is if you have something the Chinese are willing to buy.