Technic 2015

TheOrcKing

After reading the review, I really want to get that set now.  The only sets I was interested in were the crawler crane and the Arocs, but now I need to get this and the fire plane.  Grrr.  Too many great Lego sets, not enough money.

That is the problem indeed. There are many amazing sets that I would like to get for my collection, but there is not enough money to get all of them.

• 1 month later...

That crane looks awesome! Do we know how many pieces are in the set?

​It was not on display for the last toy fair event therefore I can't seem to find anything more than that official image. I imagine somewhere in the range of 1,000 pieces at least perhaps between pins, tracks, and everything else. I goofed up. Check my post beneath MartinP's for the truth.

​It was not on display for the last toy fair event therefore I can't seem to find anything more than that official image. I imagine somewhere in the range of 1,000 pieces at least perhaps between pins, tracks, and everything else.

​My guess is that the set has least 1,500 pieces because it's motorized and all the different moving parts needed to make the model move.

• Like 1

​My guess is that the set has least 1,500 pieces because it's motorized and all the different moving parts needed to make the model move.

​You turned out to be ridiculously close. Figures in my search I missed one source showing the Crawler Crane at 1,401 pieces. Not bad, you were off only by 99 parts.

• Like 2

I'm super stoked about the crawler crane.  I'm especially excited about the blue color.  You don't see a whole lot of that here especially with a lot of the latest flagships that are in yellow.  It's just a really slick looking crane.

​That beautiful blue does stand out quite elegantly, doesn't it? Very nice indeed.

Looks lovely. The Arctos, Crawler Crane (and the F40) will most likely be my personal-use purchases from the late-2015 range. I may need top offload some things, maybe my Maersk ships.

The B-models look pretty nice, as well.

​Some high quality Technic sets for sure...All different and cool. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know why couple of 2015 Technic sets are not available in the US, such as 42039 24 Hours Race Car and 42036 Street Motorcycle?

Are they going to be available later this year? 

Those are obtainable in many different counties right now.

Does anyone know why couple of 2015 Technic sets are not available in the US, such as 42039 24 Hours Race Car and 42036 Street Motorcycle?

Are they going to be available later this year? 

Those are obtainable in many different counties right now.

I believe in August the race car is going to be released in the USA. I bought( Month or so back) my racecar when it was being sold on Amazon Uk, for a a great price too. So if you want one sooner, check over there.  

Not sure about the motorcycle. 

I believe in August the race car is going to be released in the USA. I bought( Month or so back) my racecar when it was being sold on Amazon Uk, for a a great price too. So if you want one sooner, check over there.  

Not sure about the motorcycle. 

Amazon UK has 42039, but the price is about $110 including shipping to the US. Anyway thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the new crawler crane.

AROCS looks cool but may be too pricey. I can't see it worth a $250 price tag.

If we assume US$250 with an inventory of 2793 pieces comes out to US $0.09 per piece. Plus with the pf motor and pneumatic components, I don't see it as being a bad price, same as the Volvo L350F.

That may be true but the wheel loader is worth the $250 price tag more so than the Arocs.

Just my opinion. 

I am curious why you think that, actually. I have the Volvo and it is indeed magnificent for chasing the cats but certainly less complex/impressive than the Unimog or MkII Crane when I compare them. Build was much less involved, as well.