71009 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 2

TheOrcKing

Well at least this confirms two characters for the second series of Simpsons minifigures. I have no idea where the dog will end up unless there really will be a second set of the Kwik-E-Mart or perhaps he will get stuck beside one of the other fourteen possible characters. Please note these are works-in-progress.

Doctor-Hibbert.jpg.pagespeed.ce.fybvdQ7x

Groundskeeper-Willie.jpg.pagespeed.ce.j_

Santas-Little-Helper.jpg.pagespeed.ce.DW

Source: The Brick Fan

• Like 5

I'll buy one set. I have one set of the first series, one Simpson's House, and I'll probably just have one of these.  Then, I'm good.

My 6 year old loves minifigs.  She has no point of reference for the Simpsons (she's never seen it).  I overstocked Series 1 minifigs.  I'll just be going with one set of these.  And I'll be bummed that we'll have a "break" between regular CMF series for another series of these.

• Like 1

The problem with these is there is too much quantity of the first Series readily available. There is more than enough to off-set the demand at this point, pretty much every retail store I`ve been in capable of carrying the first series has plenty. I`m not even a Simpsons fan but I still bought 1 complete set which I`m keeping sealed for the collection, but none for investment. The same will likely be true of Series 2, it`s unfortunate given the valuable subject matter, but what do you do when you have so much quantity flooding the market other than not buy any. Chinese fakes don`t even need to be taken into consideration, Lego`s made sure of that haha. 

I have been a fan of The Simpsons since '89 and feel like I owe this set some attention. As a collector I am thrilled... as an investor, I just do not know. Sad to say, the show (IMO) is nowhere near what it was.

And I worry about the appeal to future generations, in spite of FX buying the entire catalog of episodes. For the long-term investor, is anyone going to care about these mini-figs in ten years? I hope so; I do not know. Glad to grab one of each for the fan within me, plus an extra set for investment, but beyond that- I am unsure. Do you guys feel differently?

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with these is there is too much quantity of the first Series readily available. There is more than enough to off-set the demand at this point, pretty much every retail store I`ve been in capable of carrying the first series has plenty. I`m not even a Simpsons fan but I still bought 1 complete set which I`m keeping sealed for the collection, but none for investment. The same will likely be true of Series 2, it`s unfortunate given the valuable subject matter, but what do you do when you have so much quantity flooding the market other than not buy any. Chinese fakes don`t even need to be taken into consideration, Lego`s made sure of that haha. 

I agree with your post.

Just my opinion on the pictures in the OP thread. They look fake or of cheap quality, the color seems slightly off also. 

Maybe just my monitor, but just wanted to point that out.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

series 2 possibly

Homer in his Sunday Best
Marge in her Sunday Best
Bartman
Lisa with Snowball II
Maggie with Santa

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

• 2 months later...

http://brickset.com/article/14775/exclusive-official-images-of-simpsons-minifigs

Series 2 has been officially revealed... I like the new Bart and Millhouse superheroes. Aside from the "Maggie is the same" complaints, looks pretty good to me.

attachicon.gif71009-17.jpg

HELL YEAH, time to jack up the price of the extra series 1 figures and sets! You know the people who notice these and missed out on series 1 will pay a premium! Cha-Ching! I can hear Pink Floyd now.