41055 - Cinderella's Romantic Castle

jaisonline

Yeah, not sure why it's climbing on amazon (resellers) since TRU has them.

because amazon clientele are richer dumber and lazier. 

why would anyone buy minecraft for more than msrp when shop at home has them in stock?

RD&L

bought in with average price of $46 - would be nice to break $100.

one encouraging sign is that the ENTIRE PRINCESS THEME is out of stock until December 11 at shop at home - hopefully other retailers will be getting wiped out soon and the true appreciation of Cinderellas Romantic Castle can begin.

nice going lego with that planning for cheap gas prices and soaring lego demand on the heels of your mega movie hit.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

because amazon clientele are richer dumber and lazier.

why would anyone buy minecraft for more than msrp when shop at home has them in stock?

RD&L

rising reseller prices on Amazon doesn't necessarily mean sales are causing the spike. To support that, eBay sale prices aren't that much above MSRP. Last year at this time, some people were already making good money on flipping the Dolphin Cruiser.

we need TRU to sellout before shop@home gets their last 2014 batches.

I can't wait to see how high this will go.  I don't think there were as many opportunities to get it under 50 as there were for the Dolphin Cruiser.  I have double the number of Creativity Towers as Cind. Castles.  The price point seemed the give a better return in the past.  We will see in the next week now that Lego is out.  As long as it is orderable the shipping date will keep getting pushed back.  Judging by the out of stock listings last year at Lego, I don't think it will be in stock again for more than a day before Christmas.   I was hoping to get a few more at Target for store pickup with any cyber Monday sale, but maybe they won't last that long.  The profit at $60 entry is hardly worth the time unless it pushes $120.

What was everyone's average entry price?  I have only ordered these online and my average is $50 when it was cheap at Target.com and 2nd and Charles.

What is the best price you can get from TRU now?  Is see it at $70, but there aren't many coupons out there.

I bought them at 60$. I am fine with it at 100$ or over. Fees and shipping for me on Ebay will be 20$ish. Pull 20$ in on a 60$ price tag isn't bad for an easy Christmas flip.

I would agree $120 is way better tho.

About $20 is what I expect for a decent Christmas flip too, and I would do it online, but not when I have to drive to pick the stuff up a couple at a time.  As a general rule of thumb I multiply all my Christmas flips by $25 to get an idea of profit in my piles of sets since some will net $10 and some will net $50.  I just get a little too nervous that Lego will over produce and I will get stuck with 30 I can't move.  I guess that's the game.  Good luck to all.

Guest TabbyBoy

This set is very widely available near me and I don't see any investment potential unless you buy at well under 50% for flipping when out of stock. It'll probably be a one-year-wonder like the Dolphin Cruiser was last year and now that's everywhere and often heavily discounted. Non-exclusives are a waste of time (and money) in the current climate I think.

About $20 is what I expect for a decent Christmas flip too, and I would do it online, but not when I have to drive to pick the stuff up a couple at a time. As a general rule of thumb I multiply all my Christmas flips by $25 to get an idea of profit in my piles of sets since some will net $10 and some will net $50. I just get a little too nervous that Lego will over produce and I will get stuck with 30 I can't move. I guess that's the game. Good luck to all.

TRU is killing us with this set in the US. Like I've discussed with others, they are the only major retailer to sell this set for above MSRP and at MSRP for sales. Obviously, they are going to have a ton in-stock. It's brutal. It might make me think twice next Holiday season with the Frozen "white" Castle.

TRU is killing us with this set in the US. Like I've discussed with others, they are the only major retailer to sell this set for above MSRP and at MSRP for sales. Obviously, they are going to have a ton in-stock. It's brutal. It might make me think twice next Holiday season with the Frozen "white" Castle.

TRU tends to do that to us with a lot of sets.  I still think this will dry up in the next week.  I added a couple more this morning at $56 when TRU had them at $62 and the mc20 code was active.  I think even TRU will run out, but it might take until the middle of next week.  The lack of huge discounts across the board on Lego today has kept a lot in stock that wouldn't have been last year.  It might just take a little more time.  Anyone remember what the Lego isle at TRU or Target looked like last year on Dec 15th?  The Friends sets were decimated even at TRU prices.

At the very least I expect to break even if I wanted too.  If it comes to selling them at $80 (about my break even point on eBay), I think I will pass and pack them away until next year.  I don't mind sitting on mine for year.  I know hard core flippers don't want to sit on any set for a year, but I don't mind with my small pile since I have a large pile of first wave Friends sets I am selling right now.  That is why I spent a lot more time and money tracking down 41005-41008 Friends sets because I hope they will be retired next year, I and I won't have to fight TRU in the reseller market.

I am sitting on mine. There was a post on here that said production was already done or will be done in December for this and some other sets. I don't want to sell and make $30 profit and miss an opportunity to reload because I think it will be worth much more than $110 post eol. I also don't feel like dealing with returns of I can avoid it.