BRICKPICKER LEGO STOCK TRACKER **NOW WITH ALERTS**

Besides adding Spain to the LEGO page (which is in the works), I would just like to take a status report of how people are using this feature.  Is it worth your time and site investment?  How are you using it?  Should certain sets be removed and others added?  I know members look at the feature, but I want to make sure you are getting what you need from it.

As far as the question above, it is just looking at prices that Amazon puts in different spots.  Whether its used or not, it does really look into that much.

Besides adding Spain to the LEGO page (which is in the works), I would just like to take a status report of how people are using this feature.  Is it worth your time and site investment?  How are you using it?  Should certain sets be removed and others added?  I know members look at the feature, but I want to make sure you are getting what you need from it.

As far as the question above, it is just looking at prices that Amazon puts in different spots.  Whether its used or not, it does really look into that much.

Hi Jeff,

I have been meaning to respond but have been swamped.

First I want to say:

- This service is phenomenal.  I cannot thank you enough for putting it together.

- If I could actually pay to keep phone alerts coming all the time whether I buy them or not I would gladly pay an annual fee (I know you don't want that) but to me it would be worth $50 a year.  Perhaps that isn't enough.  But I love to be bombarded with email and phone alerts and based on my given mood, status, funds, etc sway me to buy this time that I don't buy last time or next time on the same alert.  That's just me.  I understand why you optimized it in the interim.

- I really hesitate to say it is a good idea to remove old ones.  Why?  I just snagged 2 Cargo Terminals a couple of days ago thanks to the BP alerts from Toys R Us.  Yes at some point they can go for instance if 10179 was on the list if this service had been running for several years then it should be removed by now, but I think these sets are still for the most part randomly and rarely flushing out of the system but its useful to me.

- I believe a few weeks ago someone snagged some Town Halls from their own scripts

- Is it impossible more R2's or Olivia House or others could show up?  There is a chance.  I think R2 showed up at Target the other night.  Does it hurt that much to leave them? (I am being real in asking that question) in terms of resources maybe they should go if that is an issue.  Could there be a legacy alert page for older ones that the individuals that want the chance at an old one reappearing like me can have them still available but not be on the display page?

- For the alerting vs buying discussion genuinely even if I am not buying up Palace Cinema right now I love to get the alerts to see the appearance and frequency at places as an example.  It helps me see trends in showing up and disappearing.  Do I buy every time? No more not than I do but it gives me patterns to make decisions overall

- I would request that possibly the Ewok Village should be added while we are probably 4-6 months early I think it has a chance of going after Red Five is finished.

I hope this feedback is helpful regardless of where you take the service...

Appreciate the efforts.

Thank You,

Trek

• Like 1

This is an awesome feature.  

Many random comments:

- For me, the SMS aspect is essential as email delivery on my phone is slow/spotty/awkward.  

- Having store specific alerts is very good for limiting the traffic.  For example, I'm slowly building my stock of 10245.  But I only want to buy from stores where I have already purchased a discounted giftcard (using a BP affiliate, if possible).  So notifications from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home would be a waste.  

- It helps to be a good "steward" of a free resource if I know it isn't free.  While I was never a heavy subscriber, I have set up alerts only for the few things I am interested in purchasing at present (2 sets, 5 alerts total).  Maybe a banner at the top of the stock tracker page, or on the Alert pop-up, that reminds users that the service costs BP money, will help keep users informed and reminded to be responsible.

- The bad news?  In reference to my comment about the email delivery on my phone being crappy, the internet is similarly crappy.  So I can pretty much guarantee I won't purchase through the affiliate link sent in the SMS.  (Sorry, just being honest).  I do try to hit the Daily Deals then click the appropriate affiliate link before making the purchase.  I also have been using the affiliate link to Raise.com for any gift card purchases I make, including personal purchases.

• 1 month later...

Here is a list that I am looking at disabling.  Let me know if there is anything that you think should stay.

6862-2: Superman Vs Power Armor Lex
6860-1: The Batcave
60022-1: Cargo Terminal
42000-1: Grand Prix Racer
21110-1: Research Institute
21009-1: Farnsworth House
21005-1: Fallingwater
10937-1: Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout
10245-1: Santa's Workshop
10233-1: Horizon Express
10228-1: Haunted House
10226-1: Sopwith Camel
10225-1: R2-D2
10224-1: Town Hall
10221-1: Super Star Destroyer
10211-1: Grand Emporium

May want to leave Santa. You never know. 

​Agreed on this.  I've placed a few orders from TRU the past month.  

Might want to consider leaving 21110.  My February alert from Target was cancellled.  My alert last week from TRU was also cancelled.  (Which they didn't bother to tell me, but they did kindly add in the shipping charge since the balance of my order no longer qualified.  But I digress...)  There are still at least periodic notifications of availability.

What about addingin 10244-1: Fairground Mixer or 21108-1: Ecto-1?  Availability of either is not an issue at present, but it would be handy as the anticipated EOL approaches for the last minute rush.  I don't feel strongly about adding them, just something to consider.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How do you see that working. What would I be looking for on eBay?

If I can chime in here.  ​This would be tricky. Maybe the following criteria would potentially work:

• Buy it Now listings or auctions with less than 2 hours left
  • Minimum price to eliminate results for manuals, boxes, etc.
  • Keywords such as new and sealed
  • Link would have to go to the search results ... I would hate to see someone buy a Chinese knock-off on accident by rushing to click the buy it now button.

I'm sure others have better ideas or maybe they are already using similar scripts.

FB, 41999, SSD,GG, TAJ M,  HH, GE, VC, MF, R2D2, AA, BATCAVE, TH, SC,WVC, MEDIEVAL MARKET,OLIVA HOUSE, FUNHOUSE, HULK6868, QUINJET, EDB, SAILBARGE, GUNSHIP,BWING,  MALEVOLENCE., BUGLE SHOWDOWN, UG, EMERALD NIGHT, CONSTITUTION TRAIN, HELMS DEEP, TIE 9492. JABBAS PALACE, HORIZON EXPRESS, GRANDPRIX RACER, LION CHI TEMPLE, ROBIE HOUSE, HOGWARTHS, DIAGON ALLEY, QUEEN ANNE'S, BLACKPEARL, IMPERIAL SHUTTLE, IMPERIAL FLAGSHIP,MAERSK SHIP,  TURBO TANK,TANTIVE, GRAND CAROUSEL, VW BUG, & THE 10179 MF JUST FOR KICKS,

JUST SOME SETS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD.  OBVIOUSLY WE CAN NOT LIST ALL RETIRED SETS.
I WOULD SAY MOSTLY $100+ AND POPULAR SETS.  

COULD HAVE 2 EBAY/AMAZON COLUMNS.
ONE  FOR MEMBERS TO PURCHASE: LOWEST PRICE FROM BOTH.
ANOTHER WOULD BE TO SEE WHAT THE SETS ARE SELLING AT:  SOLD $ FROM BOTH.

Edited by Miami Bomb Squad

I've been getting dead notifications of RI 21110 from the stock tracker.  Link doesn't open any page.  Stock tracker doesn't show any availability, even when checking within seconds of getting the notification.

Not much of a problem to me, but if there is a charge for BP per message, maybe worth looking into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...