What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

In the last couple of weeks I've bought with VIP points:
Double Deck Couch - great selection of minifigures with a nice little build to display these and other minifigures.
Hulk Buster - meh, kind of disapointing build. I'm going to sell the Hulk to profit from it.

Finished the Ferris Wheel yesterday.  It was a bit of a tedious build at times as others have mentioned, but having a couple of young kids I found it okay as we got to build the same piece together step by step.
The finished model is great, the size is indeed impressive.  It's almost as tall as my Orthanc!  Cool little details like the trees and icecream cart add to the display and playability.  I've also added a motor which really does make it a lot of fun.  My two small gripes would be the base is not a perfect square - it has "cut out" bits in the green.  The other is the clearance at the bottom for the platform - it's needs a bit more, it's too easy to catch the carriages on it as it spins if any part of the base or wheel itself is slightly out of alignment, which easily happens during play.

Finished building my $16 Town Hall from last year.  Was an Amazon return and had been built before.  Took a some time building but came out good.  The top right is missing a piece as I just dropped it.  Fell on a shelf and couldn't find it.  Deal with it later.

IMG_96566.JPG

IMG_96567.JPG

• Like 6

He had much more labor cost with putting it together.

yeah very frustrating, worked on book 1 up at the cabin we stayed at this weekend and it gave me a headache.  Book 2 was pretty simple and then Book 3 was a pain again.

Sorting it all out and some of it partially built was a big pain finding stuff.  Not like starting a set fresh.  

• Like 1

yeah very frustrating, worked on book 1 up at the cabin we stayed at this weekend and it gave me a headache.  Book 2 was pretty simple and then Book 3 was a pain again.

Sorting it all out and some of it partially built was a big pain finding stuff.  Not like starting a set fresh.  

I always dismantle first.  It's the only way that works for me. 

• Like 4