Find of the day in Canada

gravtation

Wow, lovely! Jealous of the Space Shuttles and Deep Sea Exploration at $50 off especially. That`s a pretty sick find. Did you also buy the Classic sets for $20? Can`t see them on receipt/in the photo. 

yes classic $20. Grabbed 11

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

Load 2

2015-07-02%2019.42.14_zps3cyoqmnj.jpg

2015-07-02%2019.35.41_zps0ednbbbm.jpg

2015-07-02%2019.35.31_zpsvroipheg.jpg

Final tally

Classic 10695 x 11@ $20 each
Juniors 10683 x 2 @ $20 each
City 60078 x 6 @ $20 each
City 60079 x 5 @ $40 each
City 60093 x 7 @ $40 each
City 60092 x 3 @ $40 each
City 60095 x 4 @ $100 each
City 60080 x 2 @ $100 each
Creator 31039 x 4 @ 60 each
Creator 31038 x 6 @ $40 each
Creator 31037 x 5 @ $20 each

BTW found 0 75920 - Raptors Escape... which makes me wonder if they have even hit the stores yet?

Edited by tacsniper

So I was at one of my local WM in hopes to find some 75920 - Raptors Escape and ran into this and walked out with $2000 worth of damage in load 1.

2015-07-02%2018.15.46_zpsdna4oety.jpg

2015-07-02%2018.23.06_zpslyjfgigp.jpg

Heading back for round 2 to get the classic

Like the fact that Alberta Invoice are also written in FRENCH .. "Circulaire maintenant en vigueur Jeudi" and also the back of the invoice is all french !

• Like 1

Thought I found my deal of the year last week on Kijiji with my SEALED Haunted House, Town hall, Fire brigade, and Pet Shop for $750.00

Today's find on Kijiji may have topped that:

1) UCS Imperial Star Destroyer 10030

2) USC Blockade Runner 10019

3) Jabba's Sail barge 6210

All 3 sets were built and 100% complete with near perfect condition instructions. Asking price was $440 for all. He accepted $350! Didn't

think these kind of deals existed and yet I found 2 great finds in one week!

005.jpg

• Like 6

super cool

I troll kajiji sometime but seems to be reseller prices

Yea, kijiji has been a bust in my area for a couple years now since everyone's posting reseller+ prices (things like a bag of 100 pieces for $10 - yeash!) seems the days of the killer deals are long gone there.  Luckily there's an entire subculture of mommy&me trading sites where the Lego deals are still quite excellent & the currency of trade is dippers, tiny clothing & Tupperware. :-)

Yea, kijiji has been a bust in my area for a couple years now since everyone's posting reseller+ prices (things like a bag of 100 pieces for $10 - yeash!) seems the days of the killer deals are long gone there.  Luckily there's an entire subculture of mommy&me trading sites where the Lego deals are still quite excellent & the currency of trade is dippers, tiny clothing & Tupperware. :-)

I have only seen mommy sites on Facebook

are there others?

Hope you can turn all that into a profit.  I personally stay way clear of City and common Creator sets unless they are 90% off errors on ebay!

I have to agree. I buy a lot of small to medium sets on clearance. My 'Lego room" is probably 90% small to medium and only 10% large sets. I have stayed away from the city sets unless the deals

were too good to be true. Picked up 5 Police stations (60047) at Walmart for $30 each. To me the "city theme" deal has to be at least 60% off to make it worthwhile. City sets don't generally appreciate

over time, and to make money on a "flip" is hard when factoring in fees. Buying them for personal enjoyment is different and it's great finding new released sets on sale to build and enjoy.

On the other hand, Star Wars, Super heroes, etc, I have no problem putting these away for a few years and letting them appreciate. For investment purposes, $2000 is better spent

on exclusives especially modulars and UCS sets.

My rule of thumb on regular sets is minimum 30% off but generally 50% or better if I'm going to stock up.

Just picked

10198 -- seems complete with instruction (missing some pages) and

7964 -- missing Qinlan Vos, some trivial piece and only 1 instruction booklet for $230 from my local Kijiji.

Is this a deal?

I think there's money to be made, but maybe not a whole lot. I picked up a 10198 BNIB for $200 a year ago off ebay.  Looks like it's used value has creeped up to a bit over that, so you -should- make your money back on the 10198 alone.

I think there's money to be made, but maybe not a whole lot. I picked up a 10198 BNIB for $200 a year ago off ebay.  Looks like it's used value has creeped up to a bit over that, so you -should- make your money back on the 10198 alone.

Thanks pal for your 2 cents.

These for now is just for my children and myself.

Just picked this bad boy from Kijiji for $500 (used with all pieces and minifigs). Glad the seller was happy to recover his cost and I am happy for buying at retail price :D

It's official, time to move elsewhere to get all these awesome Kijiji deals ya'll are finding!

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a discount or a deal to me, however, I thought I would post that Discovery Toronto has some JW sets.

Cheers.

I was there a week ago looking for some sets for my son and they didn't even have a home. I asked the clerk and they said they might have a shipment in 2 weeks. Happened to be there again on the weekend and they had Imperius Rex and the T-Rex sets but that's it.

I saw the 2 smaller sets at the Mastermind at the Science Centre last week and got 1 of each, and was just at the refurbished toy section of the Eaton Centre Chapters and they have 12 or so each of Imperius Rex and T-Rex, as well as 8 ghostbuster sets.