10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

I don't think the Imperial Contractor's Union 1138 have been able to regroup since the destruction of Death Star II.  They are probably busy re-building roads, hotels and training centers, so far too busy to concentrate on another death star.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

I don't think the Imperial Contractor's Union 1138 have been able to regroup since the destruction of Death Star II.  They are probably busy re-building roads, hotels and training centers, so fare too busy to concentrate on another death star.

​Well, if you remember in Return of the Jedi, Darth Vader had to get the union back on schedule.  

• Like 4

I don't think the Imperial Contractor's Union 1138 have been able to regroup since the destruction of Death Star II.  They are probably busy re-building roads, hotels and training centers, so far too busy to concentrate on another death star.

​Unless the DS 3 is being built on the same planet where those roads and hotels are being built.  All you need is someone to get all of those separate development plans together and link them a la "Beautiful Mind" to discover the new DS plan.  That planet is to be destroyed with the new DS superlaser as part of DS launching ceremony :P

​Unless the DS 3 is being built on the same planet where those roads and hotels are being built.  All you need is someone to get all of those separate development plans together and link them a la "Beautiful Mind" to discover the new DS plan.  That planet is to be destroyed with the new DS superlaser as part of DS launching ceremony :P

​You mean it is like the refrigerator plant in communist Hungary where if you put together the parts you got a tank?

Edited by inversion

People are still pissed the Rebels killed many thousands of slaves including Wookies when the DSII blew up. Collateral damage.

​It must not have been that big of explosion since everything in the nearby moon of Endor was still intact. :P  Are you sure they did not escape via escape pods ?

​You mean it is like the refrigerator plant in communist Hungary where if you put together the parts you got a tank?

​Sure, I guess ? I am not as familiar with Hungary history as I should :)

​It must not have been that big of explosion since everything in the nearby moon of Endor was still intact. :P  Are you sure they did not escape via escape pods ?

If the DS wasn't fully packed with high powered explosives than it was supposed to be more like a building collapsing rather than a huge scale explosion, so the more viable scenario is that the current Endor has a ring like Saturnus fully made from debris.

​Sure, I guess ? I am not as familiar with Hungary history as I should :)

​Well it is just a common joke that workers were told that they are manufacturing fridges, while in reality they were tanks. But it has some truth in it. Most parts of military equipment were manufactured in different commercial plants alongside of the normal goods and were shipped and put together at a different site, so a sabotage at one plant would only risk one component. And the workers really did not know that they were supposed to be weapon parts...

If the DS wasn't fully packed with high powered explosives than it was supposed to be more like a building collapsing rather than a huge scale explosion, so the more viable scenario is that the current Endor has a ring like Saturnus fully made from debris.

​It was a fully operational weapon.  Wasn't that the whole point of Palpatine's trap ?  

Plus the explosion was visible from the moon in broad daylight, meaning they were close enough for at least the shockwave to cause some damage. ;) After all, the DS was about the same size as the moon :D

ETA: I am going to stop making this thread off topic by trying to insert logic to SW movie.  It is what it is ;)  This movie was created by the same person who believed you could survive nuclear explosion by hiding inside a refrigerator :D:D:D

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 1

I think this is a different photo but they are also using the Death Star in this new promo picture for this tv series?  I am not sure.  Image is from thebrickblogger website.

I guess it's the same photo like this big one — anyway they should be using some actual set if they show a brick-built version there, so maybe the clue to the new one was already on that droid poster. who knows.

Interestingly no sign of the ferris wheel but tlg "managed" to be out of date with store calendars before...

DS II was a bad seller to my knowledge when it was on sale. If LEGO releases a new one it will be closer to 10188 than 10143. Lots of minifigs, features etc. 10188 doesn't sell just because it is the Death Star. Its attractive point are also the inclusion of most iconic characters and famous scenes. DS II did not have any of that.

• Like 1

I imagine a new combined 2-in-1 "serious" AND "playset-style" Death Star version that - while looking realistic from the outside - can be opened up in the middle to access the scenes / levels, much like you can open the 2014 Imperial Star Destroyer 75055 for example, there this combination of 2-in-1 (display model outside + play set inside) works just fine I would say. This way you would have BOTH "philosophies" of the two released big Death Stars combined in ONE ultimate set: From the outside it would a the realistic DS model "serious" SW fans ask for (another question would be: damaged or undamaged version?), while inside it would be a great set to play with and for minifigure display. How about that?

Edited by rfish

The "Droid Tails" posters was the back side of the Lego Star Wars posters they were giving out at Star Wars Celebration last week, one poster for each episode.

I don't think it's anything significant, other than to indicate that Droid Tails is covering the entire breadth of the SW Canon.