10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

After all this talk about a new Death Star for 2016 I did some research and finally have been able to find some pictures of the new design!

The new design is pretty awesome, even though for some people it might be too colorful.

The general design isn't that different from the current DS but you'll find some improvements.

My verdict: Great new DS design! I also like the new colors! I'm not a big fan of all of the minifigures, but there are plenty so that's nice I guess!

I guess with all these minifigures the price point might be at least 500$

I'm not sure if I would recommend holding on to the old one or not... I guess that's a decission everyone must take for himself.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pricey73/sets/72157652349325815

​Insanity!

After all this talk about a new Death Star for 2016 I did some research and finally have been able to find some pictures of the new design!

The new design is pretty awesome, even though for some people it might be too colorful.

The general design isn't that different from the current DS but you'll find some improvements.

My verdict: Great new DS design! I also like the new colors! I'm not a big fan of all of the minifigures, but there are plenty so that's nice I guess!

I'm not sure if I would recommend holding on to the old one or not... I guess that's a decission everyone must take for himself.

​Aggggghhhhhh, I'm blind, all that colour overwhelmed my senses.

​That actually has a lot of nice design choices. If I had a daughter, I'd buy it for her.

• Like 1

​I don't know what's worse - that someone spent so much time thinking about that or that they actually built it.

Good find. ;)

• Like 1

Okay, so let's see: pizza, fro yo, a hot tub, and entirely populated by stepford wives?  With the ability to destroy planets?

Time for me to join the Empire...

• Like 2

So this is what the Emperor meant when he asked Luke, 'Where are your Friends now?'.  Anyway, I'm dumping my DS's.  The original can't possibly compete with the Friends' Star.  I am a little concerned that Disney may not be the best caretaker of the Star Wars universe...

P.S.  I didn't see UniKitty in any of the photos.  Surely there's room for Cloud Cuckoo Land on the Friends' Star?

Edited by GhostDad
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone with a 2014 seal code DS comment on what their set weighs (to the nearest 1/10 ounce if possible), and if you've opened a DS with the numbered boxes (rather than symbols), how many bags were in each box (not counting small bags sealed inside larger bags)?  Any and all info would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

There probably aren´t as many as that even considering its long run as some people will have lost patience and sold out whereas others won´t have invested due to high buy in and uncertain retirement date. I expect things to go bananas when it does finally retire.

Don´t forget there is a remake coming in 2016!

There probably aren´t as many as that even considering its long run as some people will have lost patience and sold out whereas others won´t have invested due to high buy in and uncertain retirement date. I expect things to go bananas when it does finally retire.

Don´t forget there is a remake coming in 2016!

I think this set might just disappear on people without notice. If a new one is coming out in 2016 and Lego have enough stock away in a warehouse to last through 2015 holiday season, they might not make more.

Edited by tacsniper