10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

lot of people had this for years. it has been "cry wolf" so many times that most of the old-timers have enough of this accumulated.

its just the newbies that are running around.

all the big names have enough of this in their inventory :) ... i don't think this will be gone fast unless "galerco" comes out and buys 100s directly.

Has it been reported yet? I can't find 10188 at Toysrus.com. 10:00 PM eastern

there you go. the #1 to be gone off the list ;) .. .now the "horde" onto #2 :) which is AMAZON...  the might be the reason for jump in ranking from #237 to #157 in less than 30 minutes

Edited by newbie77

Well. 

After making the statement earlier today that I was happy not owning any DSs...

I just won an open box on Shopgoodwill.  I know two of the boxes are sealed, and there are a lot of bags there.  No idea if it is complete.

This is going into my personal build pile.  Don't really care if the minis are there (I suspect they're gone, unless they are spread out among all four boxes).  It was difficult to pass on the price, and it shouldn't be difficult (I hope) to BL anything that missing.

Eh, even if there's a ton missing, I'm sure I can at least make a few $ on this, if I flip it.

Edited by Alpinemaps

TRU hasn't had the DS for around 2 weeks and when they did off and on over the past 2 months it hasn't lasted a day. I monitor TRU because they offer the best price by far with incentives. 

Even though walmart has a limit of 5 Target should be next as they now offer the best price with incentives. 

• Like 2

Well. 

After making the statement earlier today that I was happy not owning any DSs...

I just won an open box on Shopgoodwill.  I know two of the boxes are sealed, and there are a lot of bags there.  No idea if it is complete.

This is going into my personal build pile.  Don't really care if the minis are there (I suspect they're gone, unless they are spread out among all four boxes).  It was difficult to pass on the price, and it shouldn't be difficult (I hope) to BL anything that missing.

Eh, even if there's a ton missing, I'm sure I can at least make a few $ on this, if I flip it.

nice how much did it set you back for?

I just bought one on Amazon. Total now up to three.  Its a great play set.  You are not going to lose money on this.  I bought 10 JP 75920 at Walmart.com last week along with the JP polybags so no more money left this month to buy any more legos.  I have to resist checking Brickpicker until the end of the month. 

I just bought one on Amazon. Total now up to three.  Its a great play set.  You are not going to lose money on this.  I bought 10 JP 75920 at Walmart.com last week along with the JP polybags so no more money left this month to buy any more legos.  I have to resist checking Brickpicker until the end of the month. 

Ok, see you in August! :D

Not sure if this was posted or not - forgive me if it has been.  Went to local Lego store today, only had a couple DS left. I just tried to put it up to the digital box to see the animation but nothing happened.  Was told that the DS animation was removed from the most recent updates earlier.  Seems indicative of being pulled?