Update on Forum Mobile App and Features

Doing a big upgrade like this will have it's pluses and minuses.  Just like anything else, with new technology, new features and apps will be able to be created.  With that, there needs to be code and structure changes to make it work better for the future.  This is happening right now with the latest forum upgrade.  There were a few bugs during the upgrade process and a lot of changes.  Everything is being looked into and a lot is being worked on.

• Index Recent Posts widget, Bottom Post Page Widget, Awards App and Mobile App are all in development right now.  The first two in the list should be ready in the next few days
  • There is no ETA on the mobile app, but I know it is something that is a priority since everyday more people are upgrading to this new version.  I don't think it will be more than a few more weeks, if that. The developers need to update the app to work with this new version of the forum.
  • The Trading feature will not return to the forums.  There is no expected development or release of this product for the forum anytime soon.  This will become a full feature on Brick Classifieds.  Next week we will be releasing a bunch of updates and enhancements there.  
    • We overhauled the way we handle currency throughout the site and that was a big job. Once we release this update, vendors not located in the US will need to update their pricing on their products to make sure it is what you want them to be.
    • Launching a new Want Ad feature to tell vendors know what you are looking for, willing to pay, etc.  This should really open up some communication between buyer and seller
    • Launching a Trade area where vendors will be able to list items from their inventory to trade with other vendors
    • Manual Orders where based on your communication with members here or there, you will be able to build a manual order from your inventory with special pricing/discounts/shipping and send a Brick Classifieds member an invoice.  If the member is happy with the invoice, they just need to click the link in the email and it will load those items in their cart and they can checkout, then later leave feedback.

There is a lot going on, so just know that in case you are not seeing something right now, it doesn't mean it will be gone forever.  Everything will all catch up and probably be even better.

Thank you!

• Like 1

The app doesn't work on my Axxxxxx ..."the forum is not on tapatalk community "...where is my Mistake 

Forgive me if is a stupid post 

​I guess you didn't read my post.  But I will try to explain again.  

THE MOBILE APP DOES NOT CURRENTLY WORK WITH THIS NEW VERSION OF THE FORUM YET. IT IS BEING WORKED ON BY THE DEVELOPERS OF THE MOBILE APP.  I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT.  IT IS A SERVICE THAT WE PAY FOR.  IT MAY BE A FEW WEEKS BEFORE THE UPDATED BUILD IS AVAILABLE THAT WILL WORK WITH THIS NEW VERSION OF THE FORUM.

Edited by Jeff Mack
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for the app to be updated! I truly do miss it. Every spare moment i have, i would check the forums through the app. Looking forward to it! 

P.S

I love this site, so keep up the good work you guys do!!!!

​Ditto. 

Would love to see the Mobile App working again soon.  It's been a few weeks since the last comment.  Is there a new ETA?

By they way, if you see that I remove some posts or edit/rename some words that mention cell phone provider names, don't think you did anything odd.  It's just that I was not approved of an app update because of rules about forums and mentioning certain names for certain providers.

Ok, so the android version of the app is available on the google play store and is working.  I submitted the iOS version yesterday and that usually takes a few day to go through the review process.

​Done, this time :)

Is it really bad that I still prefer the mobile version, it's nice and clean and real easy to use.

​Done, this time :)

Is it really bad that I still prefer the mobile version, it's nice and clean and real easy to use.

​Well I prefer my computer and a keyboard 99.99% of the time. But I do like the mobile app over using the browser when I am on the road.

• Like 1

Thanks for the app! I realized how much I used it only after it down....WAY TOO MUCH. 

​Honestly, it was like crack for me.  I'm not fond of navigating the site using my iOS Safari browser.  But man, when I had the app, I was on that thing all day long.  It was just so easy.

I know it's coming...

• Like 2

So, I'm sorry to ask, but, iOS version is not back yet?  I thought, based on the messages above, it was, but I think I was misreading it.  If it is back, then I'm getting an "Access Denied" error message right now.

​Jeff has submitted it for approval with Apple.... Android (Google) is just a lot faster with these things. It's coming... and I'm sure we'll all splash our heap and praise across the forums that it's back when it shows up in the App store. :)

So, I'm sorry to ask, but, iOS version is not back yet?  I thought, based on the messages above, it was, but I think I was misreading it.  If it is back, then I'm getting an "Access Denied" error message right now.

​I am pretty sure I will make the announcement once I get the word from them.  It takes at least 2 weeks sometimes more.

• Like 2