New Indiana Jones movie might mean more Lego Indy sets.

jaisonline

Who knows... With another Indy movie is made, maybe we'll get another Lego Indiana Jones line. 

If SW Ep 7 is as good as it appears, another Indy movie would be nice especially if it doesn't contain flying fridges, giant ants and aliens.  We prob need JJ along with Kasdan at the helm :)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/339785-new-indians-jones-movie-confirmed-by-lucasfilm

Indiana Jones

As part of their June Star Wars cover story, Vanity Fair had a chance to speak with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy about Star Wars: The Force Awakens and got her to confirm that a new Indiana Jones movie to relaunch the franchise is in the cards, although it’s not something that will happen in the immediate future. 

The following is from the print copy of the magazine:

“In buying the company, Disney also got rights, for better or worse, to less-storied Lucasfilm properties, among them Willow and Radioland Murders. A bigger prize is the Indiana Jones franchise. Kennedy confirmed rumors that another Indy movie ‘will one day be made inside this company. When it will happen, I’m not quite sure. We haven’t started working on a script yet, but we are talking about it.'”

Kennedy was the executive producer on all four of director Steven Spielberg’s previous Indiana Jones films, so one can expect that a relaunch of the franchise is definitely going to be in the cards even with nothing definite confirmed.

It’s been rumored for months that Chris Pratt would don the fedora for the relaunch, but we might not hear anything more about that until Lucasfilm has a script and director in place.

Sadly another isn`t coming soon, but hey, something to look forward to. There are so many big budget movies out nowadays, spacing them out a bit even if it means waiting longer wouldn`t be a bad idea. Would love to see another Indy movies or movies, at least they haven`t killed it. There is hope!

Sadly another isn`t coming soon, but hey, something to look forward to. There are so many big budget movies out nowadays, spacing them out a bit even if it means waiting longer wouldn`t be a bad idea. Would love to see another Indy movies or movies, at least they haven`t killed it. There is hope!

​There is no room anymore. By 2018 we will have nothing but 178 new super hero gritty origin story reboots every year. You know, in case you forgot that Batman's parents were killed.

true.  it is still a long way off.   plus the current focus is on marvel, star wars and pixar movies (including the 4th toy story)

i'm just happy it's 'confirmed'.

Don't hold your breath on this as they don't have a script yet, etc so it could be years, I mean at least 5.

i felt the same way after watching SW TPM and The Kingdom of Numbskulls films.

however, the Force Awakens (what we have seen so far) gives me hope a "continuation" can be done successfully with the "right" people at the helm (like Kasden,  Abrams, Nolan, Whedon, etc...).  The torch will have to be passed (using Ford)  though but if another Indy movie turns out like Cage's Treasure movies... d'oh.

​Not me, let it go, let it gooooo!

i felt the same way after watching SW TPM and The Kingdom of Numbskulls films.

however, the Force Awakens (what we have seen so far) gives me hope a "continuation" can be done successfully with the "right" people at the helm (like Kasden,  Abrams, Nolan, Whedon, etc...).  The torch will have to be passed (using Ford)  though but if another Indy movie turns out like Cage's Treasure movies... d'oh.

​I'm sure I'll watch it, although there are a few remakes I've stayed away from like "The Karate Kid" and "Robocop".  I did like the new "Dredd" and "Planet of the Apes" series so far.

Here's an interesting list:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls052091214/

Edited by exciter1

​I'm sure I'll watch it, although there are a few remakes I've stayed away from like "The Karate Kid" and "Robocop".  I did like the new "Dredd" and "Planet of the Apes" series so far.

​To be fair, Karate Kid remake was a fine Jackie Chan movie.  It had a lot more actions (as expected from JC movies) and better back stories than the original, IMHO.  The only thing I had real problem was the title (ie. the kid did not learn Karate per say).  He should have just called the movie "Kung Fu Kid" 

ETA: Especially, the scenes with the car were fine acting from both main actors

I say forget the title and watch it as a Jackie Chan movie

i couldn't even make it through 1/2  of page 1.  many of those movies should be never remade or rebooted.  ugh. it would be like remaking The Godfather, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws, ET, Sean Connery's James Bond films.

Poltergeist for pete's sake should not be remade unless we get a Lego set out of it :)

In a  prefect world we`de see more original franchises starting up, using idea possibly that could have been used in reboots/remakes. Sadly we don`t live there by and large, so I`ll settle for reboots/etc. for beloved franchises. I watch a lot of indie films and lower budgets ones, it`s a long time hobby, so that`s where at I get to indulge in some genre mixing or new ideas. For the big budget studio films now, we have exactly what others have said above. 100s of superhero films. Money talks, apparently when a studio is going to put $100+ million into a picture they`ll go with something familiar. Or they get Jupiter Ascending (how that pile of trash made it all the way through to release is beyond me). 

• 10 months later...

we have a update....  note: ford will be 76 when filming begins.

"Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg to Return for Fifth 'Indiana Jones' Movie"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-announces-fifth-indiana-jones-875794

Indiana Jones is swinging back into theaters.

Steven Spielberg will direct Harrison Ford in the untitled fifth installment in the classic action-adventure franchise, which will open July 19, 2019, Disney announced Tuesday.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Disney chairman Alan Horn. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Franchise veterans Kathleen Marshall — who now is president of Lucasfilms — and Frank Marshall will produce. Disney, which owns Lucasfilms, home of the Indiana Jones franchise, is taking over duties from Paramount, which released the previous four films.

Ford will be 77 when the untitled Indiana Jones is released in theaters.

Spielberg has directed every film in the franchise. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the last film, opened in 2008 and starred Ford opposite Shia LaBeouf, who the producers hoped could over the baton, but the mission failed.

• Like 1

Rumored choices for the title:  

- Indiana Jones and the Walker of Doom
- Indiana Jones and Disco Inverno (this gotta be set in the 60s right?)
- Indiana Jones and the Labyrinth of HMOs
- Indiana Jones and the Crystal Bell-Bottoms
- Indiana Jones and the Afro of Domination
- Indiana Jones and the Dentures of Destruction
- Indiana Jones and the Bionic Hips and Knees
- Indiana Jones and the Aftereffects of Receiving Nuclear Blast at Point Blank Range

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Wow. It'll have been 30 years since the last movie when this is released. Amazing that they are revisiting this franchise after such a long time.

I assume this is a slight at the horrible crystal skull movie?  Or did you literally forget about it.  Either way i agree

I assume this is a slight at the horrible crystal skull movie?  Or did you literally forget about it.  Either way i agree

Crystal Skull? Never heard of it. I'm a huge IJ fan. Saw all the films in the theater. Was that a video game or something?

What?  A new "Pete's Dragon"?  This is actually the first movie I ever saw in the theater.

Yes. :( It was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. I wasn't impressed with the trailer I've seen.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Crystal Skull? Never heard of it. I'm a huge IJ fan. Saw all the films in the theater. Was that a video game or something?

Yes. :( It was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. I wasn't impressed with the trailer I've seen.

Ugh, I'll go look it up.  I thought "How to Train Your Dragon" was good enough.