Possible Remake of UCS Darth Vader Tie 2017?

Cashmoney-0

​That poster caused a lot of confusion as to what a "UCS" is.  To many, it has to have box designation as such, to others, the 10xxx signifying exclusivity is enough.  To me, if it doesn't say UCS on the box, it's not.  Most would agree that 10144, 10178, 10188, 10123, etc., are not UCS sets, but are Lego exclusives and generally larger playsets.  10195 is definitely an awesome set, though I cannot claim to have ever owned it or built it since I don't normally purchase Clone Wars sets.

Yup.  It's one confusing poster.

71f973c855e091881337a8ec3b56e0.jpg

Yup.  It's one confusing poster.

​Are you agreeing with me?  Would you consider Tie Fighter Collection a UCS?  Most of those are obvious UCS with the designations on the box.  Some, like 10195, 10144, 10123, 10178 are amazing, exclusive sets, but never considered "UCS" by Lego except for this poster.  Hence, confusing to collectors.

I don't think Vader's TIE Advanced is the way to go next. A UCS MF remake really should come first, at least, for every reason imaginable.

I don't see anything confusing. The poster doesn't say UCS. It uses the word "ultimate" but it could have just as well put "amazing" and wouldn't change the meaning. In UCS it's the series for "Ultimate Collectors". Correct me if I'm wrong?

I feel this is kind of equivalent to a Superior Spiderman comic that says "He's amazing!" and us questioning if it means it's part of the "Amazing Spiderman" series. Words can be used for different purposes and contexts.

Edited by Brickson
  • Like 1

​Are you agreeing with me?  Would you consider Tie Fighter Collection a UCS?  Most of those are obvious UCS with the designations on the box.  Some, like 10195, 10144, 10123, 10178 are amazing, exclusive sets, but never considered "UCS" by Lego except for this poster.  Hence, confusing to collectors.

I agree the poster confused the Lego community and many of the sets on it like 10144 and 10123 (while cool) aren't UCS models.  These sets never came with anything UCS-related (box Lego, display sticker). 

Thus I'll agree to agree with you :)