Where to get individual parts, besides Pick A Brick

rpaulson7

Question

I have some used sets and missing a couple parts.  I looked them all up on Pick A Brick, and found 4 of the 8 parts I need.  But the other 4 weren't listed.

Where should I look for the others?  A couple are on eBay, but with high shipping they come out to several $ per part.

I need:

4506778 - top half of a grey stone from 7631

4506779 - bottom half of a grey stone from 7631

4189009 - a black construction shovel from 7631

6006514 - red hair for surfer dude from 60011 (a currently available set)

Any good resources out there?

10 answers to this question

I have some used sets and missing a couple parts.  I looked them all up on Pick A Brick, and found 4 of the 8 parts I need.  But the other 4 weren't listed.

Where should I look for the others?  A couple are on eBay, but with high shipping they come out to several $ per part.

I need:

4506778 - top half of a grey stone from 7631

4506779 - bottom half of a grey stone from 7631

4189009 - a black construction shovel from 7631

6006514 - red hair for surfer dude from 60011 (a currently available set)

Any good resources out there?

​Bricklink.com ... I hope you're kidding but if not:

Go to bricklink - search for Catalog Items, enter the number as above. On the left side, you'll see information about items for sale and in what color.

If you want to try and find them all from the same seller to reduce shipping costs, create a custom wanted list with those parts and look for a seller with all of them.

Or try & find a local bricklink shop the doesn't mind offering free local pickup.

​but how to find a local bricklink shop?  I've been wanting to do that, but bricklink only offers searches based on State.

Thanks for the input.  I knew about bricklink, but again the shipping isn't cheap.  Darn.

​I think it depends on what one considers 'cheap' or expensive.

If you want a single 4 cent piece, no matter what shipping costs, it won't be cheap compared to the price of the piece.

I just got a domestic (Canada) order for 176 parts in 5 lots and shipping was only $1.80

I sent 6 32x32 baseplates and some doors from Canada to California (order was $80) and shipping was $13.  Is that expensive?

Honestly, people freak out when someone gives them an extra paypal payment and it cost them $.30 more, then you know that shipping for $2 will be deemed expensive for some.

For the OP, LA is a pretty big city, post in the forum for any LA based bricklink shops that support local pick up, but given the price of gas, if shipping is $4, are you really saving any money unless they live in your own neighbourhood?

• Like 2

​but how to find a local bricklink shop?  I've been wanting to do that, but bricklink only offers searches based on State.

​There's a few ways...

Post in the forums & ask, google to see if there is a LUG in your area (our LUG's website posts the bricklink stores for all our members with them), if/when you find one ask the seller if they can recommend another local with parts they don't have, they'll likely know who else is in their area & most are willing to let you know (there's still some comradery left in BL even since it went from community to commercial)

​Post your question to the LA Lug Yahoo Group. Recently someone posted a list of LUG members' Bricklink stores. You may be able to find it if you scroll through past messages there.

Edited by randrace