Amazon UK Return Question

cmartin33

Another outcome that was possible.  Contact Amazon UK via chat or phone...describe your issue (crushed box for instance).

Be polite and empathetic.  State your displeasure with packaging...at that point you can ask or they may volunteer options on correcting the issue.

Often, but not always, a discount (refund) can be had in some pretty substantial amounts.  I am often reluctant to take the first offer.  I am always polite though.

You can also state the product is needed/wanted at this time so returning it is not the first option to consider.

Even a dented box of Lego still sells well (yes maybe slightly less than a pristine box).  I am just stating there are more avenues to try other than an outright return.

I ordered 2 of the Cranes 42009 from the UK about 6 weeks ago paid $297.00 shipped for both, when they came they were in the worst shape I ever seen anything mailed before, and I was a mailman for 36 years. So when i talked to them they told me I would get the refund and $7.00 back for shipping, after complaining to them that shipping would be $110.00 Priority mail about 10 times they said show us a copy of the Post Office Customs and receipt and we will refund the shipping, so just got the refund and for some reason they gave me $421 back instead of $410.   Ed

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
GBP 184.88
Postage & Packing:
GBP 6.95

Total Before VAT:
GBP 191.83
VAT:
GBP 0.00

Total:

Grand Total:
GBP 191.83
Payment Grand Total:
USD 297.64 **
Refund Total:
$421.28

We've had more horror stories shipping 42009 from Amazon UK.  eMazers gets the worst boxes he's seen, someone else just got the contents wrapped in a big ball of plastic with no box at all.  I also had 2 42009 from A-UK, and they were ok on receipt (not pristine, but usable).   Such a crap-shoot with these kits; just barely worth it at the $150 price point....

Edited by diablo2112

I've ordered multiple times from Amazon UK now (MKII and Volvo loader)... All arrived in excellent to near mint and have had Canada Post, DHL and FedEx do the Canadian leg of delivery...

Guess Amazon UK likes Canadians better. :P

​I guess being a Commonweath country helps! ;)

My experiences with Amazon UK have been varied. When items have not arrived in good shape, it's because the packaging does not seem to be as solid as Amazon US packaging. For example, I received the Cargo Train a couple of months ago and the box it arrived it was not a complete box and not completely sealed.