70818 - Double-Decker Couch

Surprised to see that this set didn't have a topic yet.  I've seen this one called "The Lego Movie" Battle Pack, which I thought was apt.  Iconic (albeit small) item, buncha figures.  This one seems like a winner to me.  Could be a double winner if the couch shows back up in TLM2 (if there is one)?

TNB

There's a general topic on the sets over here: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2767-the-lego-movie/ 

I agree, it's even just hard to beat 5 minifigs for $15, besides it being one of the funniest parts of the movie. I think there's still some skepticism that these will do well (or well enough) being they are movie sets, and not Star Wars. Personally I really like it, I have one on display at work (it's attached to my Build-On Brick Mug)

Surprised to see that this set didn't have a topic yet.  I've seen this one called "The Lego Movie" Battle Pack, which I thought was apt.  Iconic (albeit small) item, buncha figures.  This one seems like a winner to me.  Could be a double winner if the couch shows back up in TLM2 (if there is one)?

​We've talked about it so much I thought it already had a topic too. Ha. Anywho, there will be a sequel in a couple years and I imagine there being at least one scene around the start with the double-decker couch. Whether that would help is debatable but every little bit can go a long way.

You get a solid number of main character minifigures. What's not to like about this set?!

​Precisely. I can name on one hand what is wrong with the set; nothing. I'm sure some will say "it's small" but good things come in all sizes and sometimes the small ones have been known to pleasantly surprise us.

• 2 months later...

It was interesting in my area, Target had these on the usual 30/15 clearance for a week or two (I moved on the 30%), then about a week later a serious restock hit and though most stores were completely out before/during clearance, all brought it back at original MSRP... except one, which I assume has some kind of slacker manager. I'm trying to determine what could have led to the situation, as the timing seems very peculiar.

• 1 year later...