Joker-mobile for new Suicide Squad movie...

weakside

Filming for the 2016 Batman/superhero movie is well underway in Toronto, Canada.  Jared Leto as Joker.  The downtown area, Yonge Street in particular is busy with crash scenes.  Here's a picture (source by Paul Hillier on twitter & TorontoStar) apparently of the Joker-mobile - cool.  Wait and see if Lego makes this car in a set.   

1000-race-car.jpg

The biggest issue here is basically this:  Jared Leto's joker, from what it appears, is a DRASTIC shift from what people expect, want, or see.  You start adding that, to some of the other photos that have been leaked out (which btw, where is the security?  I feel like I have seen more of this movie than any other DC property).  I am not sure what to expect from this movie..but I am skeptical at best.

On the brick-front:  

I'm always curious how Lego will handle the DC movies.  I mean, really when you think of it, from the Dark Knight Trilogy, we only the "Bat/Tumbler" chase.  (For obvious reasons, its not exactly a "kid-friendly" movie).  We got 3 sets from Superman, MOS.  Though they were smaller kits, rather than huge pieces.   (Compare to Avengers, AOU, where there are some bigger kits available).  

However, with Batman Vs. Superman and even the Suicide Squad (or the Squad as Lego Batman 3 game calls em), I am curious on how they will handle these different movies coming out.  

(which btw, where is the security? 

​If you read that article, you'd see that the movie is being filmed mostly on public streets and the public are not being prevented from watching the filming... So it seems to be a conscious decision by the movie company.

Yonge St in Toronto would be a hard street to shut down to the public... or maybe they want the public in the shots instead of paid mobs?

​If you read that article, you'd see that the movie is being filmed mostly on public streets and the public are not being prevented from watching the filming... So it seems to be a conscious decision by the movie company.

Yonge St in Toronto would be a hard street to shut down to the public... or maybe they want the public in the shots instead of paid mobs?

​Perhaps you are right.  But overall, I feel like I have seen the Suicide Squad photos of movie sets EVERYWHERE.  I mean, we haven't seen much in terms of Batman Vs. Superman, neither with Nolan's batman(at least not as much as Suicide Squad).  

But you make a valid point, I had not thought of the crowd shots vs. paid actors.

Edited by BedaHouse

There are way too many superhero films.  I wish we could go back to the days when they only appeared once a decade.  Right now, it's like every year there is 10 new films, and most of them all feel the same.

​Hollywood likes to produce easy money makers, and currently superheroes are "in".  I guarantee you once something else comes along that makes more money than superheroes, we will see a bajillion versions of that new thing

Yeah, and it's starting to seem like overkill and oversaturation.  This movie just doesn't appeal much to me.  Neither does Batman vs Superman.  The trailer just looked lame.

I personally, felt the new avengers was very poor.  Mad Max on the otherhand was excellent, but it's been over 30 years since the Mel Gibson era.

​Perhaps you are right.  But overall, I feel like I have seen the Suicide Squad photos of movie sets EVERYWHERE.  I mean, we haven't seen much in terms of Batman Vs. Superman, neither with Nolan's batman(at least not as much as Suicide Squad).  
But you make a valid point, I had not thought of the crowd shots vs. paid actors.

​Just total wild speculation, but that was the thought I had.

I don't personally pay much attention to leaks, though I'm a lambo fan so that picture was pretty cool to look at... It seems 9 out of 10 people on the internet need to feel important and blogging and tweeting about the latest superhero film is one way to achieve it.

Well Disney paid $4 Billion for Marvel so you know they are going to milk this thing until it's dry.  Haven't seen Avengers, but it's on its way to making about $1.5 billion worldwide in gross receipts.  If I were going to the movies today I would probably be more interested in Mad Max even as a superhero fan.  Heck I still haven't seen Iron Man 3 or Thor 2.  

they should have filmed in dubai.  could have drove that monstrosity around all day and no one would have though anything of it...

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/11/25/for-sale-the-infamous-tron-lamborghini-aventador/

​I thought they wanted to capture the crowds' "wow" reaction as they saw purple and gold lambo speeding by.  Kind of hard to do that where every sheikh owns at least one supercar :D

Filming for the 2016 Batman/superhero movie is well underway in Toronto, Canada.  Jared Leto as Joker.  The downtown area, Yonge Street in particular is busy with crash scenes.  Here's a picture (source by Paul Hillier on twitter & TorontoStar) apparently of the Joker-mobile - cool.  Wait and see if Lego makes this car in a set. 

​So....it's another "The Fast & The Furious" film on the way?

​Is it wrong for me to root AGAINST the Batmobile on that scene ?  It is a freakin Lambo, I do not care who is driving it :D 

​Hollywood likes to produce easy money makers, and currently superheroes are "in".  I guarantee you once something else comes along that makes more money than superheroes, we will see a bajillion versions of that new thing

So when will all the current super hero flicks look as cheesy as this?

• 1 month later...