Knock Knock...

Who's there?

Smell Mop

"Smell Mop Who?"

Someone had to try it! My name is Brian from Arizona. I just registered late last night mainly looking for help. I had a friend in AZ that said buying legos, holding them and reselling them was extremely profitable; yet he just begged me to buy his entire collection because he was in so much debt...so I did buy it. Now i'm setting on a ton of doubles hoping to make some $ soon. I did some thinking and my thoughts were hold my sets until Nov, list them using the BIN offering on eBay and unload them. Then my head started spinning and I thought in the OFF SEASON I should buy tons of Lego " Holiday" theme sets - Advent Calanders, Holiday Villages, etc and unload them during the holidays. I couldn't find much on here about people doing that? Does anyone?

Some sets I have 35+ of...

#10220 (73 of these - all purchased for $100)

Would this XMAS be a good time to unload these? Does anyone know when the #10220 T1 Camper will retire? It seems like its been around for over 2 years, am I wrong? The guy I bought out held back 25 of the #10220 and will unload them for $100. Im hesitant since I have so many and see them available for only $20 more online.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like I said I did a ton of research until late last night and almost all day today on here and this seems like a great place and buying/selling legos seems extremely profitable if purchased at the correct prices.

ONE last question : If sealed sets go up -- do EMPTY boxes and unused stickers go up too? Anyone do this?

Thank you!

-Brian

I have a question - you bought a couple hundred sets based off the advice of a guy who said it's easy money, yet he needed money, and then you decided that you would do some research on the topic?

And most of your questions are answered in numerous posts throughout the site. 

• Like 3

Mos - that is exactly right. He was a friend in financial trouble and this was his only asset to get the funds he needed.

Maybe I am having a hard time navigating to find my questions. I search key words and still struggle. I'll keep digging.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Welcome,

The camper was a set many thought would retire earlier, but never did. The fear is that it's an ever-green set that just won't retire like the Death Star or Tower Bridge. However, Vallar Legolus, "all sets must die". When it does, you'll be sitting pretty.

This is a waiting game, and you basically have to wait not only for 'retirement' but for folks to really flush their stock before you see huge returns. 

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

Welcome.

T1 will be a long hold. (my guess 3-4 years)

Christmas is the best time to sell as everyone everywhere is in a buying frenzy. Only problem is....all the resellers are in a selling frenzy as well. Supply & demand both go way up.

Empty boxes? Sure you could sell them on ebay.

A lot of people on here are into the parting out scene. Those folks would be selling stickers, parts etc.

good luck. You've got a lot of homework to do.