Harry Potter Lot

MarleyMoose

Going tomorrow morning to pick up a LEGO HP lot. Hopefully there are no snags. I talked to the guy on the phone. They were the kids Lego and they've grown out of them. They have all the manuals and they think they are complete too. Good condition from a smoker free home. Looks like a 4842 and a 10217 are in there.

hp%206_zps1orljnlo.jpg
hp2_zps4b7ddmik.jpg
hp1_zpsz8xthf93.jpg
hp4_zpsogzlff43.jpg
hp3_zpsqhd2ffwz.jpg

hp9_zpsry6ahgu0.jpg
hp%208_zps2rhzufww.jpg

Edited by CC-Marley

Judging by the pictures everything looks pretty good. Did they leave some meat on the bone for you, or are these for your personal collection? I've puchased a couple of used Potter lots in the past and have done very well with them. I'm not a Potter fan by any means, but the sets were very fun to build. Nice score, and good luck!

Edited by terrymc4677

Nice. At $225 you will do well. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask, especially if you have spoken to him and he knows you are serious about buying the lot. I post a lot on Craig's, and as a seller I never take down my ads until the item is gone and the cash is in my hand. I've been burned too many times by people that say they want it and then back out or don't even show up. With a good looking lot like this one I would try to get it immediately though before someone else offers him more and does the legwork to make the transaction happen right away. I am assuming that today being a national holiday is why it has to wait?

Well I got back from picking up the HP Lego for $225. They came from a wealthy family from Cohasset, Ma that is moving to California in 2 weeks. There 11 year old didn't want to sell but decided to because he was worried that they'd be broken in the move. So I grab the Lego and notice other tubs with Lego and I ask about them. They call the kid at camp to see if he'll part with the rest. He decides to reluctantly. So for another $325 I got these...

009_zps4tfwsa6u.jpg
008_zpsv4ddkd8e.jpg

003_zpsnetpdksz.jpg
004_zpsi0iewmk4.jpg
005_zpsbbpam6ha.jpg
006_zpsvgvatvkv.jpg
I will have to get newer instructions because some a missing books. I'm fairly happy for $550. 

They had a ton of 1st release Ninjago that I passed on.

Edited by CC-Marley
  • Like 7

I got a reply today. They don't have the rest of the GE parts in bags. I do have a big basket off loose Lego they gave me so maybe some of the parts are in there. They do have some of the missing instructions so that's good. I'll meet the wife much closer to me on Saturday to get them. Overall still very happy with the whole lot. I barely started to go through it. I'll start with the HP and leave the Modular buildings for the Fall. 

Thing is, I'm supposed to downsizing the used lots but the lady gave me the ok. Who am I kidding. I'd have bought it all anyway and blended it in when she wasn't looking.

They want me to buy all his Ninjago stuff. There were bunch of used sets which were probably mostly complete and one was still in box. Not sure if I should bite. The NIB set was from 2011 and  think I saw the used Ice Dragon and Garmadon's Dark Fortress so I'm guessing these are all from 2011. I have to decide quick so they can load them up for Saturday.

Oh and I forgot to mention they had discarded all HP boxes except DA the day before I picked the lot up. grrrr