75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

MarleyMoose

• 5 weeks later...

I love the look of this ship. I have a gut feeling this may be a really nice money maker down the road. 

it is a nice design.  I just wish the ship sat higher so the door could be fully lowered.  Easy enough fix though by modifying the 3 landing gears.

Not sure about investment potential though unless this is the last Imperial Shuttle for a long time. I could be wrong as the last non-UCS MF, Tie fighter and X-Wing did very well.

• 1 month later...

Love it! Some day I need to figure out how they do these animations! I know there is a lot of stop motion but the part with the minifig-building for example: The parts move a little bit downward - even the staying in place in midair part would be facinating enough on its own! - without anything being visible that holds it.

I also get the feeling that Chewy is being discriminated for being non-human :-P But seriously: Would have been just a little bit cooler if he would have his normal "voice" instead of some bear sounds. (His normal voice is a mix of several animal sounds if I'm correctly informed).

Why does Princess Leia have a cookie? That's silly...

Very neat build video though.

I know there is a lot of stop motion but the part with the minifig-building for example: The parts move a little bit downward - even the staying in place in midair part would be facinating enough on its own! - without anything being visible that holds it.

If you look closely, the parts are always touching.. don't believe me? Watch it in slow motion:

http://www.youtubeslow.com/watch?v=OJZ7UJjgtBw

Why does Princess Leia have a cookie? That's silly...

Very neat build video though.

If you look closely, the parts are always touching.. don't believe me? Watch it in slow motion:

http://www.youtubeslow.com/watch?v=OJZ7UJjgtBw

Maybe I should watch it in slow motion xD

She's got a cookie because in the movies she has got a snackbar or something eatable with her and she gives it to the first Ewok she encounters. Building mutual trust and stuff...He (or she? ^.^) likes it well enough so they become friends ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back in '82 when they were filming in the desert outside of Yuma, the cast was staying at the hotel where my grandmother worked in their little restaurant. She said that Carrie had one of the foulest mouths she had heard. Kenny Baker too.

We saw Kenny and his wife at Starbucks in the hotel lobby at Celebration III.  She cut the line in front of like 20 people, very rude.  Although, one of the fans did pick up their bill.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, BoomBoomFlash said:

I assembled one Tydirium. The cockpit canopy always sinks down under its own gravity, does not stay open---perhaps only on the Endor where g is presumably lower than on Earth. I found one review which mentions that, but did not see it mentioned by Jangbricks. Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

Mine does it as well.  I suppose you could MOC up a little kickstand or something on the interior.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoomBoomFlash said:

I assembled one Tydirium. The cockpit canopy always sinks down under its own gravity, does not stay open---perhaps only on the Endor where g is presumably lower than on Earth. I found one review which mentions that, but did not see it mentioned by Jangbricks. Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

I have the same problem too and I guess it's a common issue of this model. Something not caught by TLG quality control. Just like they didn't catch the loose head of Wall-E. :mda:

• Like 1

Just a thought ... When multiple of us here who primarily think of buying Lego sets cheap and selling them high consider this set so good that we want to actually build it, consider how the general Lego buying public is eyeing this set!

I will definitely keep a close eye on this set and buy more stock whenever I find a really good sale on this one because I have a strong feeling this set will do well after retirement, even if that's still maybe 2 years off. :) 

7 minutes ago, Haay said:

I will definitely keep a close eye on this set and buy more stock whenever I find a really good sale on this one...

To find sales on this in Europe is definetely no problem at the moment. You can find it for 20-30% off (or even more) rather effortless.