75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

MarleyMoose

10 hours ago, giannini78 said:

Amazon UK have stopped stocking this and haven't had it in for weeks. Is an EOL on the cards?

They had it on a good sale recently, and must have sold out to buyers from all over Europe. :P 

A possible EOL might be in the cards for end of this year, just like how 75055 and 75054 went EOL end of 2015.

Has anyone else noticed how prolific and available this set is on ebay and Amazon? They are easily discounted 30% by most users.

I was going to go deep on this set but i feel like there are wayyyy too many around, especially to be worth it at 30% RRP.

I expect this to be a $150 set in 2 years? (As i write this, it seems like a fine return but not spectacular) Are people expecting more or less out of it? Are people finding ways to get large quantities under 30% or are you just snatching them when they hit 40-50% ?

I think people are either trying to squeeze $5 out of their clearance purchase to pay off their credit card bill before it's due or they got lucky and scored them at $25 and are cashing out already.  LEGO is a better investment than gold and that attracts a lot of speculators.

Even when i hear how hoarded this set is and look at eBay and see multiple listings I still think its a general winner.

You've got 3 of the main characters (even to today I'm shocked at how many kids like Han and Chewie even with the time since the OT was released and all the other films to give them some new fave characters) and one of the classic ships.  Throw it at Vader and its easily converted to his personal shuttle, add an emperor and imperial guards and you've got the emperors arrival.  Not many ships in the SW universe that are so adaptable to different scenes.

Been at a constant 20% off (at least) in the UK from general retailers but amazon.co.uk doesn't seem to have had much stock in the last few months.  General consensus is that this one goes EOL at the end of 2016 but of all the 2015 releases I still think this performs the best.  Given the advent of lego reselling atm i don't think we'll see a huge spike and instant return but....

Unlikely we'll see another IS for a while.  Its a great display piece and great as the UCS version is this one is better sized for play and as a general desk display piece.  And there's no real complaints about this one from the general SW Lego community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

I think people are either trying to squeeze $5 out of their clearance purchase to pay off their credit card bill before it's due or they got lucky and scored them at $25 and are cashing out already.  LEGO is a better investment than gold and that attracts a lot of speculators.

I think it's this exactly. A lot of people got lucky at $49 or below. I like this one still a lot - look at something like the AT-TE, that languished a while at a discount after retirement even, but now it's up over $150 pretty easily. This will show growth as well. Assuming another one isn't made soon. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
How pervasive was the earlier Walmart clearance on this set? Were folks buying these in bulk at 50%+ off?

I'm at my quota, just want to set expectations for myself.

As previous statements have pointed out...I agree this will be the next ISD/at at of 2016!

I have like 20 or 21. I bought the majority of mine at 49 dollars. A handful at 74. I have not seen a single IST at any Walmart (even while traveling out of state) seen a good amount at TRU/target.

No idea when it will retire (I personally think end of year early next year)

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

How pervasive was the earlier Walmart clearance on this set? Were folks buying these in bulk at 50%+ off?

I'm at my quota, just want to set expectations for myself.

very pervasive. most of the 21 i have were bought at $49.  walmart is out of this set and also tie advanced prototype near me for months.

IST is stocked to the gills at target where it will certainly be cleared at a steep discount in the coming weeks as it is not moving since the market is saturated and hardly anyone b buying star wars lego in july and august.

it will be a slog in a post-brickpicker grannies high-fiving in the toy aisle over a $5 Juniors set and some past the best buy date clearance tender vittles world but you have to keep the faith.

49 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

As previous statements have pointed out...I agree this will be the next ISD/at at of 2016!

is that supposed to be a dig or a backhanded compliment?

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, thebluewizard said:

Got this one at 40% off Dutch rrp, I love the weak pound. 

Doesn't look like this one will retire in 2016 though.

Don't be so sure.  I'd hazard that TLG have moved on from producing this one now and Kylo Rens and Krennics are pretty much direct replacements for it.  I'm now in 2 minds about the initial performance of this set.  Don't get me wrong  - i do love it but I think it will see direct competition from the other two shuttles in terms of kids wanting it and parents gifting it.

OT might take a bit of a back seat so unless this pops up briefly to remind people how quality it is I don't think it will have the equiv perf of the ISD/AT-AT from last year.  Surprised its not been seen in rebels actually - maybe too early though in the SW timeline though.

All in I don't think you'll go wrong with 40% off and IMO a better buy then a similar discount on any existing rebels and most TFA sets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebluewizard said:

Got this one at 40% off Dutch rrp, I love the weak pound. 

Doesn't look like this one will retire in 2016 though.

Yeah, great discount that I unfortunately missed because I was busy today. 

But don't be so sure about this set not going to retire in 2016. It follows the same pattern that 75054 AT-AT and 75055 ISD followed last year: heavily discounted in September through November, then stock dried up everywhere and suddenly they were retired (in Europe first, in USA later). 

I remember seeing the AT-AT set everywhere discounted to €99,99 and thinking: if this set is so widely available, how can it become profitable in the near future? And it's one of the highlights now of the retiring-batch of 2015 ! :P 

• Like 3

As I'm just dipping my toe into Lego investing ;) ,I purchased 1 of these today :) .

Amazon.co.uk £53.99 (£1 more than cheapest shown on CCC), as I had GC cards which had 14.5% CB on them I've technically paid ~£46.16 .

Anyone got opinions on should I buy another or 2 more and what would be expectation of return in 6mths to 1yr?

Edited by gupsterg

For what it's worth, this is now unavailable for delivery at Toys R Us (still available in stores and click & collect where possible) and has one of those strange prices that things tend to get when they're end of line etc at £63.87. People will have different views on whether it will perform well after end of life but if you've been stocking up on these it can only be good news if it does die a death in the near future.

For what it's worth, this is now unavailable for delivery at Toys R Us (still available in stores and click & collect where possible) and has one of those strange prices that things tend to get when they're end of line etc at £63.87. People will have different views on whether it will perform well after end of life but if you've been stocking up on these it can only be good news if it does die a death in the near future.

I think it's pretty clear that all of the stormtrooper badge sets are on their way out at the end of this year. I haven't seen any at a SAH store since the rogue one sets went on sale. There's just too much SW sets out there and only so much shelf space. These have been on sale for pretty much the whole year and when combined with 3 for 2 sales, cash back etc I got just over 50% off each set, so could be a nice earner even if there is a small bump Post eol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/07/2016 at 9:38 AM, Haay said:

They had it on a good sale recently, and must have sold out to buyers from all over Europe. :P 

A possible EOL might be in the cards for end of this year, just like how 75055 and 75054 went EOL end of 2015.

Quoting myself from July 7th. Always nice to look back and see your prediction was correct. :-) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the ROTJ on Friday with my extended family.  If I was home I would have busted one of these out to build with the kiddos.  It's such an iconic ship that you see throughout the movie (landing / leaving Endor, escaping the DS).

That being said, my expectations are low for this set.  Widely available at 50%+ clearance in the US and still lingering at retailers below msrp.  I guess we can only hope for no shuttle remake in the next 2-3 years if this does in fact retire in Q4.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Watched the ROTJ on Friday with my extended family.  If I was home I would have busted one of these out to build with the kiddos.  It's such an iconic ship that you see throughout the movie (landing / leaving Endor, escaping the DS).

That being said, my expectations are low for this set.  Widely available at 50%+ clearance in the US and still lingering at retailers below msrp.  I guess we can only hope for no shuttle remake in the next 2-3 years if this does in fact retire in Q4.

Last time I seen one of these at a shop over(under) here, was probably a year ago.  Saying that I don't live at the shops.

Our eBay has them selling at $200 approx and fairly often. LEGO Shop at Home price was $140 so sets bought at reasonable discount are almost 2x already.

Edited by Furious_george
  • Like 2