What did you do today?

18 hours ago, exciter1 said:

He is still great! Saw him again on the Crue/Leppard tour a couple months ago.

I've seen the Crue and Def Leppard both many times and it's always an amazing show.....Sucks Mick is gone now due to some royalties lawsuit against the other 3 members of the band

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2023 at 3:34 PM, Pseudoty said:

I was trying to break 2 hours today but didn’t have it in me. My mind said let’s go but my legs were done. Amazing how the athletes in Chicago did double the distance in the same time. I am striving to do Boston 2024 in 4 hours. 

IMG_3621.thumb.jpeg.c6b0144a090702e59ffd3c0633578613.jpeg

Bought too much Target Lego then hit my Goal! Hopefully will break 1:50 this spring  

IMG_4110.thumb.png.e38ee7ab7152e01a72afdabde1ed71d3.png

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

baf.jpg.f9f17546736510dab724dddf04459eb7.jpg

My kids and I went to Bricks & Minifigs in Charlottesville, VA where I traded the 40158 Pirate Chess and 60277 City Police Patrol Boat sets (they offered $100, more than I expected).   They were not worth selling on BrickLick for me because of the low sell count and okay prices (I sell there and on Facebook Marketplace).  I bought the use Hidden Side lighthouse set and the New Republic E-Wing ship (both had the minifigs).  With what the kids added my total was under $25.  Not a bad day at all.  The store is one of their smaller locations I think, and it was worth the trip.  They had so many minifigs.

We went to two record stores in Charlottesville where my daughter bought a Chet Baker record among other things and was complimented for her great taste by the owner.  Her parents taught her well.

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

I went to my first one while in Texas a couple weeks back. We do have one opening up here in New Orleans. They had their "buy" event last week and they managed to fill a storage unit. I really hope they do well.

They are an authorized Lego reseller and their set sources seem to be from "buy" events, customers who bring in sets to either sell or trade and sets directly from Lego based on the number of new/current sets for sale.  The store has the regular Lego logo on the window.

Edited by LegoWalker4

Had never heard of them until now.  Looks like they coming to a couple locations near me.  May need to stop in and sell some NIB sets that I’ll never put together since they have appreciated quite well if they will buy them (ex. Black Pearl, Queen Ann Revenge, SSD, Ghost, etc.).  With kids now up and out I cannot see myself putting them together.   

2 hours ago, Brick_Dude said:

Had never heard of them until now.  Looks like they coming to a couple locations near me.  May need to stop in and sell some NIB sets that I’ll never put together since they have appreciated quite well if they will buy them (ex. Black Pearl, Queen Ann Revenge, SSD, Ghost, etc.).  With kids now up and out I cannot see myself putting them together.   

May I ask why you wouldn't sell these online? I'd think you would get a much better return on eBay or even from someone on here.

6 hours ago, Brick_Dude said:

FYI, most locations aren't so generous with their offers. I know the manager of a location around me and their franchise offers 20-40% of what they can get for it, so don't expect anywhere near MSRP. 

On 12/30/2023 at 1:12 PM, BillyBricks said:

May I ask why you wouldn't sell these online? I'd think you would get a much better return on eBay or even from someone on here.

I do not have the desire to deal with fees, shipping, returns, and all that comes with selling online.  Some of the stories I read here are crazy…the crap you all have to deal with.  I never purchased to invest/sell and just seems like such a hassle.  Since some sets have appreciated seems silly not to consider selling some of these sets I have.  The pandemic allowed me time to sort through what I had accumulated, inventory most of them, see the appreciation etc.  Message me if you want a list of what I have catalogued.  Whether it’s Bricks-N-Minifigs or someone here, I am inclined to start pruning.  Less painful the better.  Never wanting to solicit like I see other posters do, I chill and see if I can fill a need someone has.  

There have been a few occasions where I had message exchange from folks in the forum originating from a thread.  First time, a guy was looking for a box which I happen to have from boxes/instructions I have.  He offered $5 which wasn’t even enough to cover shipping.  Hilarious.  Another one (2021), the person was interested in a Curiosity Rover and the Imperial Shuttle as I had reached out letting them know I would consider selling them as I have both NIB.  I declined his offers that were not much above original purchase price and I don’t recall seeing another post from that person since.   The most recent occasion was March 2023, there was a guy in this forum starting a store in upstate NY and looking for retired sets to purchase for his store.  I sent a Brickset export of NIB items.  He seemed interested in several sets (SW SSD, Queens Ann's Revenge, Black Pearl, Huyabasa etc. (In hindsight, thank goodness the kids didn't put them together in favor of Lego City sets).  There were some GWP items like Darth Revan minifig as I recall he was interested in too.  He went on some ‘hauls’ and communication stopped. 

I started following this forum many years ago from a guy that had a YouTube channel I enjoyed watching.  Now I mostly absorb and take in knowledge on how many of you do your work reselling.  I find it interesting how you all navigate the reseller world.  Pseudoty, exciter (lives in OH near me I think?), Raven, redcell, raindog etc….  Learn a lot from many here, enjoy the stories for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MinifigW said:

FYI, most locations aren't so generous with their offers. I know the manager of a location around me and their franchise offers 20-40% of what they can get for it, so don't expect anywhere near MSRP. 

Good to know.  I’ve not actively tried to sell anything yet so that helps calibrate.  To date, I’ve been more inclined to donate sets to the local children’s hospital ahead of holidays as I did last couple years.  Minecraft, City, GWP’s etc.  That kind of stuff.

• 1 month later...