71013 - Minifigures - Series 16

TheOrcKing

On 27-8-2016 at 3:41 PM, TLKC said:

Got 5 rogue and only 4 arabian knights? Full box (new)  smooshed and bumpcode check

Eurobricks reported that US boxes contained 5 desert warriors (Arabian knights) and 4 Rogues, so it appears that European boxes are slightly different.

EU box

• 3 x Ice Queen, Cyborg, Wildlife Photographer, Kickboxer, Scallywag Pirate, Penguin Boy, Babysitter
  • 4 x Desert Warrior, Cute Little Devil, Spooky Boy, Hiker, Mariachi, Dog Show Winner
  • 5 x Rogue, Spy, Banana Guy
Edited by Separator

• 4 weeks later...
On 27.8.2016 at 4:38 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Are you absolutely certain?  Those two are very similar.

On 29.8.2016 at 1:06 PM, Separator said:

Eurobricks reported that US boxes contained 5 desert warriors (Arabian knights) and 4 Rogues, so it appears that European boxes are slightly different.

EU box

• 3 x Ice Queen, Cyborg, Wildlife Photographer, Kickboxer, Scallywag Pirate, Penguin Boy, Babysitter
  • 4 x Desert Warrior, Cute Little Devil, Spooky Boy, Hiker, Mariachi, Dog Show Winner
  • 5 x Rogue, Spy, Banana Guy

told ya so

• 2 weeks later...

So how popular is everyone finding this series?

I'm finding that these are selling alot better than series 14 monsters and series 15, seems like most kids love the banana guy and penguin kid.

Not as good as disney but that is understandable.

In UK, a set of Series 14 / 15 are struggling to sell for RRP, that maybe due to over production but I think they weren't as popular as other series.

It is still early days but I think this series should do better than 14/15.

So how popular is everyone finding this series?
I'm finding that these are selling alot better than series 14 monsters and series 15, seems like most kids love the banana guy and penguin kid.
Not as good as disney but that is understandable.
In UK, a set of Series 14 / 15 are struggling to sell for RRP, that maybe due to over production but I think they weren't as popular as other series.
It is still early days but I think this series should do better than 14/15.

I find it slowing down quite a bit. Starting to get saturated. Big stores have restocked, and now they just sit there. eBay, BL and now BrickOwl prices are down to msrp or less for most individuals sales. The time for these has passed.

Two days ago at the Walmart near me, I saw about 20 cut open packs of these minifigures in a cart with the cardboard recycling. They were headed for the trash. Somebody had sliced them open to see what was inside, and left them. 

Today, looking around the Lego section, I found another pile of sliced open packages. I looked inside one of them and it was banana suit guy. I would think if a person is going to go through the work/risk of slicing them open, they would at least keep banana suit guy.

Regardless, not something I like seeing at a store near me. I kept an eye out for the store manager to tell him, but did not see him.

On a side note, this store has 4 boxes of this mini figure set on the shelf all at the same time.

Edited by rpaulson7

Two days ago at the Walmart near me, I saw about 20 cut open packs of these minifigures in a cart with the cardboard recycling. They were headed for the trash. Somebody had sliced them open to see what was inside, and left them. 

Unfortunately I also see this frequently in Walmart, though usually 2-5 not 20. Crappy senseless people. Sad to see the unwanted parts rattling around in the ravaged box.

On the other hand a TRU went to today had the only stock in open boxes behind the counter at CS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...