Brickpicker Forum App Update

I just pushed the latest updates for the Brickpicker Forum App.  The iOS version will take a few days to get to the Apple store and allow you to update, but the Android version looks to be live already.  I think it is version 5.0.13.  It is a big overall update for this device.  If some people who use it on Android can try it out, please let me know how it's working.  I don't really have a great device to try it on.   I am using the iOS version now and it looks like its working great and they may have finally fixed many of the missing link problems that it has been having.

• Like 5

I happened to download some updates and I notice that the new app is much faster for me than the old app but I will have to get used to the pictures all over the recent posts tabs. I don't notice any glitches yet (one part of the old one kept crashing) but I haven't explored everything. The update is very appealing overall.

I happened to download some updates and I notice that the new app is much faster for me than the old app but I will have to get used to the pictures all over the recent posts tabs. I don't notice any glitches yet (one part of the old one kept crashing) but I haven't explored everything. The update is very appealing overall.

You can turn the image preview off in settings. It was distracting to me...

I just pushed the latest updates for the Brickpicker Forum App.  The iOS version will take a few days to get to the Apple store and allow you to update, but the Android version looks to be live already.  I think it is version 5.0.13.  It is a big overall update for this device.  If some people who use it on Android can try it out, please let me know how it's working.  I don't really have a great device to try it on.   I am using the iOS version now and it looks like its working great and they may have finally fixed many of the missing link problems that it has been having.

Hi Jeff, I've just updated the app on my Android phone, at first glance it looks much cleaner and a vast improvement. I'll obviously use it throughout the day and report back if I stumble across any issues. Thanks and well done!

I'm getting the same issue, try to enter my credentials and it errors, although if I press the 'back' button on my phone it returns to the forum where I remain logged in!? Strange. Plus, these new adverts are really frustrating, and loud when your trying to open the app at your work desk!!!! Not sure why they've started appearing??

I submitted a support ticket with them yesterday.  I can't log in either.  I also tried to disable the ads again that I think was activated by default and let them know about that as well.  I haven't seen any yet myself, so it's hard for me to know if they are on or off.  I believe when I pushed a forum update on Friday, it might have changed something in the app.

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

I submitted a support ticket with them yesterday.  I can't log in either.  I also tried to disable the ads again that I think was activated by default and let them know about that as well.  I haven't seen any yet myself, so it's hard for me to know if they are on or off.  I believe when I pushed a forum update on Friday, it might have changed something in the app.

The ads are really really irritating

The latest version was approved and updated in the Apple Store. I know it fixed some bugs that people have written me about.  Also working with the developers the past few days, they were able to reproduce the one issue that plagues a lot of our threads especially the Daily Deals with all the links.  They will start working on a fix for that as well which is good.  The latest version should be 5.1.42

• Like 1

The latest version was approved and updated in the Apple Store. I know it fixed some bugs that people have written me about.  Also working with the developers the past few days, they were able to reproduce the one issue that plagues a lot of our threads especially the Daily Deals with all the links.  They will start working on a fix for that as well which is good.  The latest version should be 5.1.42

Just FYI all the links in the stickied DD post are showing up in the app on iOS.

Some formatting is different than the website, but nothing too crazy.

• 6 months later...

Updated Apps:

Just pushed updates for both iOS and Android to their respective marketplaces.  Hopefully both update quickly, Android is usually pretty darn fast.  This update fixes a bunch of issues with app due to a lot of updates from the forum in the past month or so.  Android users should start to receive push notifications as well.  If it updates on your device, let me know if it is working better than it has.  Regular Tapatalk users should have most of the updates already.

Updated Apps:
Just pushed updates for both iOS and Android to their respective marketplaces.

Don't see in iOS store/update yet.

Any chance this will fix video sound in app. Not sure if it ever did, but I don't have sound when playing post embedded YouTube videos. If I "share" out to mobile browser and view forum post then sound is fine for embedded video. Just not played in app.

Move me if this not best topic for this feedback. Thanks.

This sometimes takes a week before they approve it and release it.  Was more of just an FYI that an update is coming.
I just tried a youtube video of the Rogue One trailer and it worked just fine.

Understood re: AppStore delay, def didn't mean to complain there, just clarify I'm not on new update incase that fixed.

Hmm. Am I the only one?
iPhone 6s iOS 9.x. Haven't bothered to upgrade OS, will try this weekend.
Anyway I could better trouble shoot/report?

Thanks.
I struggle often with relevant search results (even with topic title restrict), but overall app is quite nice!
Appreciate you effort and time!

• 2 weeks later...