[SW MOC] Maz Kanata's Castle - Takodana

dimnico

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

Very nice! How many takodana sets are in this MOC?

Thank you very much! Its actually only two official sets that I used to make the front courtyard. The rest is made up of existing Star Wars sets I had (such as Jabbas Palace) and a few bits and pieces from Bricklink.

8 hours ago, dimnico said:

Hi there guys, this is my first post and I am sharing with you my first ever MOC! I would love to know your thoughts as well as any tips, advice or guidelines to help me with future builds.

Like I say this was my first ever MOC however now I have well and truly got the building bug it wont be the last! Hope you enjoy!

The only advise I would give is next time put it in the moc highlights section as some members may not see it which would be a great shame.

But still great moc love the custom figs.

• Like 1

The only advise I would give is next time put it in the moc highlights section as some members may not see it which would be a great shame.

But still great moc love the custom figs.

Thanks for the feedback and advice. I'm pretty new to all of this so haven't really figured out the best way to get noticed!

I think you did the right thing posting a custom thread. That said, if you do check out the other thread, someone posted your MOC already about a month back. I thought I was reading a duplicate post at first.... Then realized that no, I had followed the link to your Flickr and checked all the images there. Very cool to see the creator drop in to show it off.

On the comment of different layers and ages using different colours, I think you nailed it. It doesn't look messy, but gives excellent variety to the palette. For mostly using whatever you had on hand, I think you executed the appearance wonderfully!

• Like 1