Lego in 100 degrees heat

corbaguy

Question

5 answers to this question

You're fine. On some large, heavy sets, the seals might pop in the heat. ABS plastic won't melt at 200 degrees. Stickers inside are fine.

Thanks. I checked the seals and they were a tiny bit stretched but still strongly attached. I was more concerned with the stickers inside.

31 minutes ago, corbaguy said:

Thanks. I checked the seals and they were a tiny bit stretched but still strongly attached. I was more concerned with the stickers inside.

Unless the sticker sheet is curled inside the box there won't be an issue... If the sheet is packed poorly and curved, it's possible it pulled away from the backing though unlikely. Even if it did, as long as it stays dust free inside, it'll also be fine and likely will just settle back against the backing anyways.

Unless the sticker sheet is curled inside the box there won't be an issue... If the sheet is packed poorly and curved, it's possible it pulled away from the backing though unlikely. Even if it did, as long as it stays dust free inside, it'll also be fine and likely will just settle back against the backing anyways.

You scared me.... so I looked at an unboxing video on youtube. The sticker sheet is on top of the manual on a flimsy plastic bag. But since the manual is pretty thick, it won't curl.

Just now, corbaguy said:

You scared me.... so I looked at an unboxing video on youtube. The sticker sheet is on top of the manual on a flimsy plastic bag. But since the manual is pretty thick, it won't curl.

Sorry, my intent wasn't to scare. :)

Many of the big sets have the stickers inside the instruction booklet in cardboard backed bag... it's mostly the small sets where the instructions and stickers are just stuffed into the box prior to the bag(s). The bags will often push the instructions and stickers down and bend them.