Hi from Dutch Lego Investor/Fan/Collector

Hi,

I've been roaming this forum for a couple of months now, but perhaps it is nice to introduce myself :)

I'm a 31 year old lego investor that is freelance IT project manager, owner of an app company and altcoin- (like bitcoin) trader and enthusiast.

I got into Lego investing because my girlfriend is doing a project for Lego and she could bring me home a heavily discounted item from the lego store. As I was looking on the internet what I wanted to have, I found out there is a huge community surrounding this. I was already looking for ways to use some of my bitcoin profits and once I saw the Millennium Falcon (75105) she brought me home, I was hooked!

I am building up a nice portfolio of Lego and hope to sell a large chunck for profit, in order to keep at least 1 of every set for the 20-30 year time frame. 

I'm not primarily in it for the money, but more for the excitement of finding good deals and experiencing increasing values of sets.

Welkom op het forum, Legojona. :) 

I think your motivation is great. Not primarily in it for the money, but for the excitement of buying below RRP and the chance of selling at a later date with a nice profit. Same reason why I'm here. LEGO is a wonderful and high quality product that's been around for decades. And it will remain around and popular in the foreseeable future too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haay said:

Welkom op het forum, Legojona. :) 

I think your motivation is great. Not primarily in it for the money, but for the excitement of buying below RRP and the chance of selling at a later date with a nice profit. Same reason why I'm here. LEGO is a wonderful and high quality product that's been around for decades. And it will remain around and popular in the foreseeable future too.

Bedankt! :)

It's the hunt that makes it interesting indeed! 

Guest TabbyBoy

Welcome Legojona! Hmmm.... 20-30 year timeframe? A lot could happen in that amount of time and I believe that there may be better alternatives to LEGO. I also speculate in digital currency and have a portfolio of Bitcoin, Litecoin & Ethereum (which gives me a much higher 2-year return than LEGO if I cash in now).