Going to the Netherlands...

darkhorseoflego

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, darkhorseoflego said:

Hello all (mainly Dutch Brickpickers), I am flying to Amsterdam tomorrow for a few days and was wondering whether anyone could recommend anywhere that sells Lego that would be worth a look at. 

Thanks! 

(sorry if I've posted this under the wrong topic)

With the weak GBS and knowing that dutch stores are typically priced higher than other Euro countries, I think the question should be: which sets do you want me to bring and where do you want to meet to pick 'en up? :)

• Like 1

On 23-10-2016 at 11:47 PM, darkhorseoflego said:

Hello all (mainly Dutch Brickpickers), I am flying to Amsterdam tomorrow for a few days and was wondering whether anyone could recommend anywhere that sells Lego that would be worth a look at. 

Thanks! 

(sorry if I've posted this under the wrong topic)

Unfortunately no Lego deals to make here. I almost never buy in the Netherlands because it's almost always RRP or above.  Exeption is SAH when they have double VIP with a nice promo but then I only pick up the sets that are equally priced as our German neighbors.

you are far better off checking the Brittish stores for deals..  But have fun in Amsterdam nonetheless :)

Edited by Eric83

The main thing I can recommend you is to go to cities like Rotterdam (new architecture) and Utrecht (like Amsterdam, but far less busy and expensive). You can easily take the train to both cities and it will give you a far more interesting experience and you get to meet nicer Dutch people (Amsterdam people loath tourists).

Lego-wise, you can bathe yourself in very expensive sets and go home feeling blessed with having such good offers in the UK :)