8683 - Minifigures - Series 1

TheOrcKing

Series 1  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 1?

• Tribal Hunter
    • Cheerleader
    • Caveman
    • Circus Clown
    • Zombie
    • Skater
    • Robot
    • Demolition Dummy
    • Super Wrestler
    • Magician
    • Nurse
    • Ninja
    • Spaceman
    • Forestman
    • Deep Sea Diver
    • Cowboy
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 1?

• Tribal Hunter
    • Cheerleader
    • Caveman
    • Circus Clown
    • Zombie
    • Skater
    • Robot
    • Demolition Dummy
    • Super Wrestler
    • Magician
    • Nurse
    • Ninja
    • Spaceman
    • Forestman
    • Deep Sea Diver
    • Cowboy
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 1?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Let's say this one was sparked by my other character poll. I'm going to start with Series 1 and eventually work my way up to Series 8.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. *ahem*

Who is your favorite Minifigure from Series 1?

Tribal Hunter

Cheerleader

Caveman

Circus Clown

Zombie

Skater

Robot

Demolition Dummy

Super Wrestler

Magician

Nurse

Ninja

Spaceman

Forestman

Deep Sea Diver

Cowboy

I actualy think this series is underwhelming compared to the later ones. I know minifigs have changed a fair bit with their design and printing over the last couple of years, but if I wasn't a completist I wouldn't be tracking these down at all. Maybe it is because a couple of years on we have similar types of minifigs across different themes including the CMF line. Anyway, of this line, my favourite is the clown.

I actualy think this series is underwhelming compared to the later ones. I know minifigs have changed a fair bit with their design and printing over the last couple of years, but if I wasn't a completist I wouldn't be tracking these down at all. Maybe it is because a couple of years on we have similar types of minifigs across different themes including the CMF line.

I agree. Even back then, I thought the designs were just okay. I mean, I thought the whole thing was a great idea and they are neat and all, but this Series doesn't stand too well compared to the more recent ones. I think the Ninja was the least unique of them all. He looked like every other one from the Ninja sets of years ago. The Spaceman was kinda neat but looked like a cross between a City astronaut and one from Futuron/Classic Space.

I think I like the Crash Test Dummy just cause he was unique and a little funny. Plus I had so many of those action figures from that toyline of The Incredible Crash Dummies when I was a kid. Loved the heck out of those!

My other favorite would be the Robot cause of the B-Movie esqueness of him (it?). The Skater was nice and I get the whole thing with the Zombie. Now that you mention him, the Clown was also unique compared to the others.

I agree. Even back then, I thought the designs were just okay. I mean, I thought the whole thing was a great idea and they are neat and all, but this Series doesn't stand too well compared to the more recent ones. I think the Ninja was the least unique of them all. He looked like every other one from the Ninja sets of years ago. The Spaceman was kinda neat but looked like a cross between a City astronaut and one from Futuron/Classic Space.

I think I like the Crash Test Dummy just cause he was unique and a little funny. Plus I had so many of those action figures from that toyline of The Incredible Crash Dummies when I was a kid. Loved the heck out of those!

My other favorite would be the Robot cause of the B-Movie esqueness of him (it?). The Skater was nice and I get the whole thing with the Zombie. Now that you mention him, the Clown was also unique compared to the others.

The first series I honestly thought who would want to spend that much on a single uninteresting minifigure (ironic since I am looking at buying a box of them now). The Spartan interested me in Series 2. I was lucky enough to get one and a witch, for both my son and daughter. I didn't give it a look in until Series 5 when I bought a box, made some sets then used the leftovers in my daughter's party bags at her birthday.

Even now looking at them though, the clown looks cool and I'll agree with the CTD who is interesting (and a very random but interesting idea for a fig) but the rest seem very average.

Zombie is the best... speaking of zombies......

...Hehe

Ah hell naw! We dealing with some racist motherf***ing zombies!! xD

I'm all for the zombie. I like the grey suit, reminds me of an 80's zombie. I can afford the brown suit one though, more of a 60's zombie to me.

As cliche as it may be, I do like both of those zombies. The brown one with a walkie talkie and attache case must have been a stockbroker in life. Now he's a ZombieBroker!

I'm in for the Forestman, a nice throwback to the old Castle theme.

Those are some of my favorite classic Castle sets and characters.

I bet most people picked the Zombie because of his value. ;)

I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Hey, whadda know? Two other people besides me like the Crash Test Dummy!

• 2 weeks later...

The Crash Test Dummy is my favorite too. I had some of those toys also and I remember how much I loved smashing them into a wall. ;)

The Crash Test Dummy is my favorite too. I had some of those toys also and I remember how much I loved smashing them into a wall. ;) Let's see, there was the crash car, jeep, test center, some cannon thing, dog and cat, about 20 or so different Crash Dummies, and, oh yeah, the Junkbots! It was wierd how fun it was to make each of the dummies blow apart! Or toss em at a wall, down the stairs, at the cat... :)

• 1 month later...

It took me a while to come up with a thorough poll but I believe I have truly covered all bases with these three (you heard me right, three!) questions. Due to mixed results from the "Public or Private poll?" thread, I have decided in the end to keep poll results private. It just seems better as well as more comfortable for every member being able to vote anonymously. Heck, I won't even know who voted for what.

In the grand scope of things, the poll can be anonymous while the thread can be public. In other words, the poll will be available to all whether or not you wish or care about making an opinion privately or publicly, and should you choose to make your opinion public there will always be the reply button available in the thread. The best of both worlds in a way.

Great stuff Orcking!  3 polls, that's a cool new forum feature, it definitely works well.

1st voter, yay!

Went with the Zombie.  I love him both as a collector and investor.  I actually have a small collection of every Zombie minifigure that has been made to date.

I actually thought the series was quite good as a first off effort.  Back when it was made, Lego would have been testing the waters a bit with this new CMF range, so that is probably why some of the characters are a little generic.  I really liked the Cowboy, Ninja, Deep sea diver, Tribal hunter, and Demolition Dummy as well and they have all made it into my limited collection.

• Like 1

1st voter, yay!

Congratulations, brickdude! Come to think of it, you have been the very first member to get a crack at the new thread poll system to begin with so big points to you! post-2081-0-32961100-1369790689.gif

Great stuff Orcking!  3 polls, that's a cool new forum feature, it definitely works well.

Thank you as always, and I agree the 'trifecta' works pretty good. Plus the limit for choices is up to 20 now!!!!

I actually thought the series was quite good as a first off effort.  Back when it was made, Lego would have been testing the waters a bit with this new CMF range, so that is probably why some of the characters are a little generic.  I really liked the Cowboy, Ninja, Deep sea diver, Tribal hunter, and Demolition Dummy as well and they have all made it into my limited collection.

It was good right out the gate but does seem a little bit duller than the Series' that came afterwards which is expected and a good sign that the line itself is progressing.