41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I don't think there was any kind of scandal that turned regular buyers away, and even if there was, it certainly isn't impacting your average buyer today. Resellers were the only ones who ever really created any kind of great demand for the set from the start.

That's why I quoted it... there most certainly was angry people in the other Technic oriented forums out there, but as usual, everything on the internet gets inflated. 20 angry people get interpreted as 20,000.

Personally, it's an awesome set... I'm tempted to open my last one and then each of my boys can drive one around.

As with anything Lego though, there are so many options. Without a "theme" backing it up, the real Technic fans find other ways to build their army of parts rather than buying in the secondary market. Aside from the dark blue panels and silver parts, AFAIK, nothing in the set is unique. Even then, there is barely enough to do anything substantial with for another model.

I think one of its barriers is the fact that Investors grab these up so fast that it didn't have enough shelf life, store display life, or catalog life for anyone to even knows it exists.

If you mention a RC Crawler, most would reference 9398 not 41999.

This is why I am still hopeful they do another limited edition fan vote type of set down the line.

• 4 weeks later...

I am interested in knowing what are you guys doing with this set.... I have 5 stashed away , but I am wondering if I should cash them out and buy other sets like ToO, DS or R5......

I only ended up with two from the 10 I managed to get. I built one, and have posted the other for sale locally for a decent return. If it doesn't sell at my desired price I'm keeping it long term and just might build it too (I have two boys).

• 1 year later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse
On January 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Anakinisvader said:

Next time this thread is bumped I'm gonna bump the B-Wing thread.

ohh never mind :drag:

2 hours ago, Zihuat said:

Good discussion, thanks all! For the past 6 months one of these has been popping up on Craigslist (near Seattle) at $350 to $375...the guy finally dropped it to $300, dammit. Can't...stop...myself...

Oh no ... I was hoping that it will hit $250 ...