duckyruiz

Bio vs. Hero  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Bionicle
    • Hero Factory
    • Both
    • Neither

A question to those who have sold lots of Bionicle/Hero Factory sets in the past. I picked up a 10 lb lot recently of these. No instructions. A bunch of them are put together, but I have no clue what is complete, what isn't, etc. Is it best to just leave them as is for pictures, and post the lot that way? Or should I break them down into piece types - heads, weapons, arms/legs, etc. I have seen stuff posted both ways on eBay and am curious if people have thoughts on either approach or if it even matters. And yes, maybe not a smart buy if I am asking this question, haha, but for $20 I figured what the hey.

I don't know the answer to your question, but this is relatively risk-free way of expanding your resale expertise.  I applaud your open-mindedness...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right now, the Bionicle market is only made up of fans of the series. It doesn't get any more publicity or advertisements, so it could increase a little more when the die-hard Bionicle fans get to their 20's and buy their favorite childhood sets.

I gotta agree with you there, the age group could really affect things, since it's mostly the kids who are fans of Bionicle, same as how kids are fans of HF now. Currently though, kids are raving about these HF sets like crazy and it sells like crazy, especially in my country. It probably has something to do with how it's cheaper than normal LEGO sets and that they aren't hard to build at all. So parents would just go "Ah, what the heck I'll just get my son one of these". :shifty:

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat. I have been using brickset to identify the figure by its mask. I can check to see if the set is complete via the parts list. Then I look it up here on brickpicker for average used price. You could get an idea if you have complete sets or not and then decide to sell them individually or as a lot. Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

I have the same question you have Tony. I have some complete exoforce sets in a bulk I bought in December. I washed them but I did not get the chance yet to put them together. I want to sell them as well so I will get some money back that I spend on the bulk. Are these selling good or is it a niche market? How to sell? In a bulk or all the sets build?

I have had decent luck with selling older Exo-force sets, but never Bionicle.  It is definitely a niche market within Lego.  If it was me on the Bionicle sets, I would sell as a bulk just to move it out of my sight, as I think building all the sets just to make $10 each isn't worth it.  I know there are some collectible sets in the line, but mostly they were pretty cheap.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm looking at a bulk lot of mostly Bionicle pieces with a few confirmed sets included from a local classifieds ad.  Just wondering, if I get it at the right price, should I look at parting the lot out, or selling the sets as used complete then offload any remaining parts?

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Sorry to bother you and I hope I didn't overlook an already existing thread.

I'm not really into Bionicle or Hero Factory but as they seem to be somehow popular I was wondering if they are worth the trouble.

I've seen the thread about rarest and most valuable sets and looking at the current price and the retail price I was not really impressed... those have been about 50$ and are around 100$ now (after about 8-10 years?)

As some of you might already heavily invest in those themes I'd like to ask you about your experience and opinion.

Thanks!

These sets have a few standout performers, but I think the strength of the theme is that many sets are solid performers long term, similar to the Technic sets, another niche theme. Are they the best? No, but for some diversity and because they are damn cool, I would recommend some in everyone's collection.

These sets have a few standout performers, but I think the strength of the theme is that many sets are solid performers long term, similar to the Technic sets, another niche theme. Are they the best? No, but for some diversity and because they are damn cool, I would recommend some in everyone's collection.

Sorry, but I just don't see ball joints and pins as being LEGO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...