2013 Summer Clearances

sadowsk1

The app is not reliable. In my area, none of the stuff that has been on clearance is listed. I didn't trust the app and checked the stores anyways. Good thing i did. There was lots of stuff that wasn't listed as clearance on the app. Also in the past i have checked on items that WERE listed as clearance on the app but they didn't have in the store. The manager said that that app doesn't update to sales in the store. So it may already be gone even though it shows as one in stock at a particular store. However, if i went to a store and they actually have the item and it was not at clearance price and yet still shows as clearance on the app, i would definitely make them honor the clearance price for wasting my time and gas. In my opinion, at least for my area, the app is useless. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I grabbed about 10 Attack on Weathertop sets for $40 each from Walmart during this past Summer clearance (it was like 2 months ago).  Last night while reorganizing the boxes, out of curiousity I rescan the price from the barcode using the Walmart app, and surprisingly it rang up at $20 each.  Needless to say, this morning I went to my local Walmart store and tried to do price adjustment.  They weren't able to do price adjustment because they said the purchase must be within a week, but they allowed me to return them and re-purchase them right at the customer service desk.  The entire transaction was super smooth, but it could be a YMMV thing.

If you did a big sweep at Walmart clearance during the Summer like me, I highly recommend you to rescan the price again and do as much price adjustment as you can.  It could be another big savings.

Any advice on how to use the Walmart app better?  People talk about all these great things it can do, but mine doesn't work worth a darn.  I scanned Weathertop, and it doesnt find a price.  If I remember right, didn't people say it could tell you the prices for a set by each store?  Please help!  I want to be able to use this app, but it has been all frustrations so far.

Any advice on how to use the Walmart app better? People talk about all these great things it can do, but mine doesn't work worth a darn. I scanned Weathertop, and it doesnt find a price. If I remember right, didn't people say it could tell you the prices for a set by each store? Please help! I want to be able to use this app, but it has been all frustrations so far.

The android app gives you by store by price. I'm not familiar with your area. The app has been useless for me for 2 months as all the stores in my area were cleaned out.

Any advice on how to use the Walmart app better?  People talk about all these great things it can do, but mine doesn't work worth a darn.  I scanned Weathertop, and it doesnt find a price.  If I remember right, didn't people say it could tell you the prices for a set by each store?  Please help!  I want to be able to use this app, but it has been all frustrations so far.

First thing I would suggest is making sure your app is updated.

The summer clearance is only mostly dead.  Found seven 6873s - Doc Ock Ambush - for $10 each today.  They had just been marked down.  A few other sets at 30-50% off (9469, 9471), too.  And two 60004s on the same table as the 6873s, marked down a whopping $10 - seriously, Wally Mart?  Why bother?