Disney's Planes sets

TheOrcKing

We know of the film coming out later this year (I think it will be this year) and heard of a rumor for sets based on the film. Well, it is true but perhaps not what you think. The sets based on Disney's Planes....are Duplo! I guess if you have toddlers this is good.

Dusty and Chug - $14.99
a_10509_box_front.jpg

Ripslinger's Air Race - $24.99
a_10510_box_front.jpg

Skipper's Flight School - $39.99
a_10511_box_front.jpeg

My son is going to love them. I actually saw all these photos in the back of the instruction booklet for the new Jake & the Neverland Pirates set that we bought at the lego store. Someone I didn't even know they were releasing J&NP sets. The original line of Duplo Cars (from the first movie not the second) does really well EOL. I think the universal appeal of airplanes will make this strong sets. However I think other than the airplanes I think the sets are rather boring.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Interesting. While licensed sets are generally influenced by the licensing material, the Cars movie was extremely successful yet the sets are some of the worst investments in recent memory. If I was younger, I would be dying to swoosh them.