10234 - Sydney Opera House

Etan

Ed, how about TB set? Any thoughts whether it will perform? The TB set looks great

Tower Bridge? Great set that is uber popular and stockpiled. If you don't have one, buy one, but you will have to wait years for that set to appreciate. The SOH is a lot less stockpiled and more expensive with a much shorter production run. The Tower Bridge is a tease.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
23 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Tower Bridge? Great set that is uber popular and stockpiled. If you don't have one, buy one, but you will have to wait years for that set to appreciate. The SOH is a lot less stockpiled and more expensive with a much shorter production run. The Tower Bridge is a tease.

I wonder what's next to come & go while the TB is still around, Big Ben? New set still to be announced?

49 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Thank's Ed for sharing your thoughts.

Edited by kurnitb

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 11:21 AM, kurnitb said:

Thank's Ed for sharing your thoughts.

You are welcome.

2 minutes ago, waddamon said:

22 dollars to ship a death star, I doubt it will be more than that.  I'm liking its growth, I checked three lowest prices on Amazon, each only had one for sale.  I almost snagged all three.

Buy a few raffle tickets for the SSD sitting on my dining room table.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Padolski said:

Picked up for $380 AUD yesterday - quite happy with that price.

Then I find out Lego is re-releasing the Taj... will this set have the same fate? 

I'd give it maybe another decade or so.  It did just retire last year.  Some would argue all bets are off though.

2 hours ago, Padolski said:

Picked up for $380 AUD yesterday - quite happy with that price.

Then I find out Lego is re-releasing the Taj... will this set have the same fate? 

Nope, they got an architecture set and this already. They are better off focusing on new monuments like a 3000 piece White House or 4000 piece Ankor Wat.

• 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, legolegolego2014 said:

Those of you that have moved some of these via Amazon. Would you recommend FBA or FBM? 

I sold one on amz FBM. Buyer claimed I send him a counterfeit set. I was cleared of wrongdoing but it was a huge pain and the buyer got a refund to go along with his new SOH. I would recommend not selling big ticket retired sets on amz. 

• Sad 1

Guest TabbyBoy
42 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I sold one on amz FBM. Buyer claimed I send him a counterfeit set. I was cleared of wrongdoing but it was a huge pain and the buyer got a refund to go along with his new SOH. I would recommend not selling big ticket retired sets on amz. 

Same with eBay as SNADs are hard to fight. Anything I sell at >£100 is local cash only or Bank Transfer. There's too many crooked buyers taking the piss on eBay and Amazon these days.

1 hour ago, legolegolego2014 said:

Those of you that have moved some of these via Amazon. Would you recommend FBA or FBM? 

sold 2 FBA no problemo at $480 within the last 6 weeks.  just sent them in fba stickered in large 24x20x20 boxes you can buy at staples along with some other larger sets .

FBM is asking to be scammed.

Edited by cladner

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

sold 2 FBA no problemo at $480 within the last 6 weeks.  just sent them in fba stickered in large 24x20x20 boxes you can buy at staples along with some other larger sets .

FBM is asking to be scammed.

Thank you for the feedback. I've had good luck with FBA. Most FBM scams/returns I've encountered tend to be in the $100-200 range.