Retiring Soon - open speculation

​When WM started putting the ISD microfighter on clearance last year, the writing was on the wall for the first wave for me.  I think that these will do pretty well.

​We knew ISD, ATT and a few others were likely going to be retired.  but there was a lot of speculation about if MF in particular would go so early.  It had shown no signs of retirement, that i am aware of, before now being unofficially retired.

This seems to have flown under my radar, micro MF (75030) is "sold out".  I suspect this means the end of all series 1, some are already tagged as retired.  I am surprised to see the MF in particular just drop off so quickly.

​FYI...this is still available at Boscovs at retail with free shipping if you buy 5.

• Like 1

This seems to have flown under my radar, micro MF (75030) is "sold out".  I suspect this means the end of all series 1, some are already tagged as retired.  I am surprised to see the MF in particular just drop off so quickly.

​Available @ TRU eBay

Also Kmart.com

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Lego.de set 10188 Death Star's expected ship date to June, 22nd, 2015. A pretty long time-span. When Lego had the double VIP points event 2015, there was also a similar out of stock span for 10218 Pet Shop and shortly after it was restocked again,  it became unavailable once more. 

The UN Building looks more and more like it's heading to retirement.  If anyone can recall during the 2xVIP period, this set was discounted at B&M stores.  Well, now it's out of stock will ship in 30 days on the site, and it's also depleting on other sites and is now in the hands of the secondary market on Amazon. 

I expect this to be gone soon and be replaced by Louvre.  Personally, I think the UN building is a great investment. 

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/United-Nations-Headquarters-21018?fromListing=listing

Edited by fossilrock

The UN Building looks more and more like it's heading to retirement.  If anyone can recall during the 2xVIP period, this set was discounted at B&M stores.  Well, now it's out of stock will ship in 30 days on the site, and it's also depleting on other sites and is now in the hands of the secondary market on Amazon. 

I expect this to be gone soon and be replaced by Louvre.  Personally, I think the UN building is a great investment. 

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/United-Nations-Headquarters-21018?fromListing=listing

Seems like a short life span of true 

In what order do you think these will retire: ToO, TB, EV, DS, T1, PS, PC, W-House, F-Mixer, and S-house?

My guess: ToO, TB, T1, PS, S-house, DS, PC, W-house, F-Mixer, and EV.

I think that is reasonable.  Although, I'd switch EV and the White House.  I think EV is next out as a SW exclusive, especially if the rumored Hoth set is true and comes out in October.  The final run on that set seems very near. 

As for architecture series sets, i'm starting to think Leaning Tower of Pisa might go before White House.  The signs are pointing to that, as many retailers have discounted it and seem to be purging it from stock.  I think UN is definitely next, followed by LTOP.

As for architecture series sets, i'm starting to think Leaning Tower of Pisa might go before White House.  The signs are pointing to that, as many retailers have discounted it and seem to be purging it from stock. 

​Not sure what retailers you're referring to but Leaning Tower of Pisa is available @ Amazon, LEGO, Target, Toys R Us & Walmart.

I don't think Simpsons House is going. IMO when Lego clearly say it will come back in September, it will.

Same thing happened to Research Institute. Many did not think that "check back in October" (2014) meant there would be a second wave of the set. But that was what happened. That second wave resulted in many mini waves from retailers up until last week.

​Not sure what retailers you're referring to but Leaning Tower of Pisa is available @ Amazon, LEGO, Target, Toys R Us & Walmart.

​I've traveled quite a bit lately, and I always like to stop in B&N and Lego shops.  From what I've seen, the LTOP seems to be depleting in stock, while the White House is almost always filled to the brim in all the stores (meaning it's being restocked).  I've also noticed this same trend at my 2 local B&N.  It hasn't had the UN and LTOP restocked while the White House was restocked.  The same thing happened with the UN architecture building, it eventually stopped being restocked and now it's becoming more scarce.  It could be just the stores i've visited, but i'm thinking this is just a sign.  The White house is everywhere, while the LTOP is not. 

• Like 2

...and there's still the rumor swirling that Sydney Opera House may be on the chopping block also.  So, either way we can probably expect to see the next Creator landmark set premiered in the Fall.

It wasn't on the exclusive list we have all seen. Are we scheduled to have another landmark?

...and there's still the rumor swirling that Sydney Opera House may be on the chopping block also.  So, either way we can probably expect to see the next Creator landmark set premiered in the Fall.

​If it comes I believe it will debut in February/March as the previous landmarks did. At least as I remember and too busy to look them up.

• Like 1

Yeah the usual rumor wagon. It's almost predictable. I hope it will be Neuschwanstein. That would easily trump the Taj Mahal if done right.

​Maybe we are getting a UBS (Ultimate Brickvestor Set) Rumour Wagon? That would be brilliant! I bet we'd buy the wheels off that one **rim shot**

But a bloody huge castle would also be nice.