What Lego set did you buy today?

After the interest in $3 Simpsons II minifigs completely died off at a weekend toy show (almost a complete non-seller as compared to the cmf 12/13s)  I traded 200 leftovers for 15 more Ecto's (at my original buy-in that's 1/2 price Ecto's)

• Like 1

Local TRU has had sets out early and today they had 2 60097 town square out 2+ months early. Used the 15% coupon that did not exclude lego (20% off if you have a tru credit card) and the $200 in gc that I got from eBay for 20% off. 35% off on a set I wanted that is not even released yet was too good to pass up. Also used a $5 off of $10 or more purchase at Kmart to get the shadow trooper battle pack for $7.99.

I went to the Lego Store in VA and they had a table set up with discounted sets... I picked up an EXOSUIT for the normal price. The reason it was on the clearance table was the box had been clutched by big foot, or so it seemed. There is a huge crease down the right hand side of the box. Instead of dropping the price, they added 250 bonus VIP points to my account... Not sure if I should open it and build it or save it for investment... Thoughts?

Craigslist score of a lifetime.  Loads of old pirate, including black seas barracuda, looks complete except for sails  Loads of black falcon, forest men era castle.  Loads of old town sets.  Everything is clean and even semi sorted.  Nicest lot at the best price so far.  No mega blocks, q tips, or used chewing gum.

• Like 3

I went to the Lego Store in VA and they had a table set up with discounted sets... I picked up an EXOSUIT for the normal price. The reason it was on the clearance table was the box had been clutched by big foot, or so it seemed. There is a huge crease down the right hand side of the box. Instead of dropping the price, they added 250 bonus VIP points to my account... Not sure if I should open it and build it or save it for investment... Thoughts?

I'd open it. This set is hoarded big time, so when and if the value starts to climb, you will be competing against a bunch of sellers that can offer an undamaged box. Since you basically paid retail for it you don't have any room to undercut the competition either. It's a neat little set. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Found a bizaro Wal-Mart today. Went there for 2 sets the app said were there but they were not. I found a crazy hoarded lego land. I found 2 Chima Lion temple for $89.  They were stacked to rafters with sets that were long since clearenced like TMNT Big Rig, Mechdragon, Chima Mammoth. But it was odd too that they had the red tags on almost 20 sets with retail price which means they are next for clearence. They had 2 of the new Star Wars sets like the Final Duel.  I just bought the Chi Temples but there is gold mine of quick flips if they get with times. Very interesting stop for sure.  

Found a bizaro Wal-Mart today. Went there for 2 sets the app said were there but they were not. I found a crazy hoarded lego land. I found 2 Chima Lion temple for $89.  They were stacked to rafters with sets that were long since clearenced like TMNT Big Rig, Mechdragon, Chima Mammoth. But it was odd too that they had the red tags on almost 20 sets with retail price which means they are next for clearence. They had 2 of the new Star Wars sets like the Final Duel.  I just bought the Chi Temples but there is gold mine of quick flips if they get with times. Very interesting stop for sure.  

​My Walmart has the same issue, although their "clearance" stickers have been stuck at close to retail for the last few months. 

Edited by Tgnmonster

So  I was the Discovery Center in Tokyo  today and I found the following!

2015-05-27%2012.21.22_zpse3jawrwx.jpg

2015-05-27%2012.21.19_zpszdpvf8ay.jpg

2015-05-27%2012.19.27_zpsupzcqhsp.jpg

And their TRU have a lot of these tall towers... but they are no where North American pricing

2015-05-27%2011.58.20_zpsjfni3yqc.jpg

2015-05-27%2012.02.54_zpsu0umjmij.jpg

Bought 5x SOH, 5x Rockfeller Center, 10x each Harry Potter keychains

Also have anyone see these in stores in North America yet? These looks really cool and I think they will do really well!

2015-05-27%2012.00.03_zpsb1draoc8.jpg

2015-05-27%2012.00.00_zpsysiwmigo.jpg

2015-05-27%2012.07.20_zpszp8zbwbw.jpg

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 6