What Lego set did you buy today?

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I just want to mention, when I picked up my $27 10697s, I didn't have any trouble getting my $48 10697s price adjusted at the Customer Service desk.  Just show your receipts and explain that you want to adjust for the lower price that was 1-2 days apart.

I took my $48 set back because I only wanted 3 sets and I managed to order 1 at $30 and 2 at $27. However, waiting in the return line was 20 minutes of irritation and then the actual return was screwy for some reason even though I had the emailed receipt and the paper receipt clearly showing how much I paid. For some reason the computer did not want to refund the full amount so the manager had to come over and she couldn't figure it out either and finally just overrode it.

I was contemplating complaining about the ridiculous amount of time I spent trying to return something (it ended up being about 40 minutes total), but then I thought of how annoying their jobs must be what with the guy inexplicably being angry about who knows what, the guy yelling at his credit card company over his cell phone and telling them they could shove the card up their (starts with a ends with s), and the numerous clueless people trying to return $3 items with no receipt etc. My daughter was with me and she was pretty fascinated by the cell phone guy. A teachable moment for sure. :-)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, meganr said:

I took my $48 set back because I only wanted 3 sets and I managed to order 1 at $30 and 2 at $27. However, waiting in the return line was 20 minutes of irritation and then the actual return was screwy for some reason even though I had the emailed receipt and the paper receipt clearly showing how much I paid. For some reason the computer did not want to refund the full amount so the manager had to come over and she couldn't figure it out either and finally just overrode it.

I was contemplating complaining about the ridiculous amount of time I spent trying to return something (it ended up being about 40 minutes total), but then I thought of how annoying their jobs must be what with the guy inexplicably being angry about who knows what, the guy yelling at his credit card company over his cell phone and telling them they could shove the card up their (starts with a ends with s), and the numerous clueless people trying to return $3 items with no receipt etc. My daughter was with me and she was pretty fascinated by the cell phone guy. A teachable moment for sure. :-)

I waited to hit the CSR desk during an evening pick-up, so there was no line. Thankfully!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I waited to hit the CSR desk during an evening pick-up, so there was no line. Thankfully!

I went on a Tuesday at lunch time. Apparently the middle of the day during the week is a bad time to go to stores. I have noticed that Tuesday and Thursday midday is senior shopping time at Costco around here. Best to avoid it unless you like waiting 2 minutes for someone to back out of their parking spot and you enjoy walking in slow motion through the store. ;-)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, meganr said:

I went on a Tuesday at lunch time. Apparently the middle of the day during the week is a bad time to go to stores. I have noticed that Tuesday and Thursday midday is senior shopping time at Costco around here. Best to avoid it unless you like waiting 2 minutes for someone to back out of their parking spot and you enjoy walking in slow motion through the store. ;-)

I swear Wal-Mart before noon during the week is like the zombie apocalypse, but they can ride in carts and write checks.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I showed them my $27 receipts, so if you have $30 receipts you can show them those as well.  Just tell them that they were going in and out of stock and the price was fluctuating, which is very true.

Well I have no receipt for $27 nor $30. I would appreciate if anyone has some screenshot of $27 or $30 web page capture.

I already picked up 8 out of 32. Do I need to bring 8 in order to get price adjusted or store pick up receipt would be enough? 

12 minutes ago, lego13 said:

Well I have no receipt for $27 nor $30. I would appreciate if anyone has some screenshot of $27 or $30 web page capture.

I already picked up 8 out of 32. Do I need to bring 8 in order to get price adjusted or store pick up receipt would be enough? 

I'd wheel a couple in with you.  I had receipts from all 3 price points.

• Like 1

Had a busy week (for me anyway), A Santas workshop with gingerbread house, an F40(For under the tree) with another GBH, 2 ATAT and 2 Mos Eisley and a final Tumbler before they disappear. 

13 minutes ago, stepmwhite said:

Hi gang..New to posting in the forums-former lurker :)

Needless to say, I purchased a Mos Eisley 75052, Snowspeeder 75049, and 2 Raptor Escapes 75920 at Walmart today.

Welcome to the funny farm stepmwhite

22 minutes ago, zak001 said:

3x 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter at $45

4x 76040 Brainiac Attack at $20

1x 75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike at $25

2x 31010 Treehouse at $30

3x 60071 Hovercraft Arrest at $36

I just picked up 2x 76040 Brainiac Attack on ebay.  Target is selling them for $17.99 + tax with Free shipping.

Edited by stepmwhite
  • Like 1

Went to WM to pick up more CT orders today and tried to price match to $30. They said they can't match since it was BF promo deal. So I was just picking them up and just had them scan CT and it rang $30. So I went to customer service section and wanted to return and re-buy at $30. At first a lady refused since online order must go back to their warehouse when returned thus can't be re-purchased right away. I politely insisted and she talked to her manager over the phone and it was a GO. Returned all 12 (which was really tedious process for some reason) and put them in GC and re-purchase them using GC and left little over $200 GC balance which is my free profit over an hour long lunch break. 

Now I need to repeat this process next week when I pick up rest of 12 CTs and also trying to figure out doing the same for 8 of them (which I already sent to FBA warehouse) I already picked up earlier this week. 

Edited by lego13