What Lego set did you buy today?

So I didn't get scooped, whew. Picked them up today: Porsche 911 GT3RS (the main box was open, but doesn't look like the 5 inner boxes were even touched), 24-Hour LeMans (box opened, bags sealed), used Ferrari F-40 (complete w/ box & extra pieces), and used Technic Heavy Helo (complete w/ box and extras).  $375. I'll definitely keep the F-40 to go with VW's and Mini. I'll definitely move the Helo on.  I'll probably build, then sell the 24.  The 911 is the hard choice, I could sell it easily and quickly for $300 as-is, sell the Helo for $75 and break even with a "free" F-40 and anything I got on the 24 would be profit, but man I want to build that bad boy.  I was amazed at how big it was when I saw it at the Lego Store, thought it would be slightly bigger than the Creator cars. That massive manual is currently calling my name from the table 3 feet away. 

Thoughts?

image.jpeg

Keep. Next question.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

For those four sets at that price I would keep them all. You're going to want that Porsche for your personal collection at some point..... If you think about it that way, that's like $75 for the other three sets. They will make a great looking display. 

Besides, you already told us you want the F40 to go with your other creator cars. You're literally out no money to keep the 24 hour race car and cargo helo.

6 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Keep. Next question.

Can I get your phone numbers to give to my wife?

• Like 5

Guest TabbyBoy

20x Dr Who sets due to a pricing error on Tesco's website which they honoured (and fixed quickly). They worked out at £14.13 each!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Used promo savemore, bogo 40 and 16% off gc to get speed champions 75876 and 75912 for $73 out of pocket. Also was able to do the same combo to get speed champions 76873, 75872 and 75871 along with raid zepellin ninjago and iron golem minecraft set for roughly $54 out of pocket. Finally, for 2 star wars the phantom for just a little below msrp from Amazon this morning.

One of the advantages of living in an area where there are few resellers is that I often get the chance to pick up retired sets way past eol

manage to get the following:

75015 - Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - One of 2 sets that has Jango Fett minifig

75028 - Clone Turbo Tank microfighter

75032 - X-Wing Fighter microfighter

75035 - Kashyyyk Troopers

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

One of the advantages of living in an area where there are few resellers is that I often get the chance to pick up retired sets way past eol

75015 - Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - One of 2 sets that has Jango Fett minifig

are you exciter's long lost sibling? separated at birth kinda thing with parents living in different countries....

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Where do you live?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaxman said:

2x Indominous Rex

1x 75899 Speed Champions LaFerrari

1x 75910 Speed Champions Porsche 918 Spyder

Total Out of Pocket: $180.62 (TRU discounts and gift cards)

Thanks team!

Haha! I picked up the exact same Speed Champions sets on my first try, but then cancelled and exchanged the LaFerrari for the 458, because I didn't like the fact that after SAVEMORE and BOGO40% I was still paying more than the $14.99 MSRP for the set (ok, if I had evened out the BOGO40% it would have been a slight discount), given that TRU's markup makes the set $19.99. Went for 458 because it has the less insane marked up price of $17.99, and together with my Minecraft sets it got me to $75.16 total to qualify for 20% off :)

• Like 1