What Lego set did you buy today?

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

I think you might want to give her a crash course in Lego investing before she neutralises all your good work!

Sometimes you need to tell her "great job", bring them to your storage, and then go return them the following week.  Marriage is all about compromise.  Lego investing is not.

• Like 7

Picked up a Nexo pack for $3 at Walmart. Before you all crucify me for buying Nexo Knights I already sold the 5 I had for $5.50 each on BL as a special. 

They had a pop star stage for $15.00 (regularly $39.97) but it was slightly damaged and without a clearance sticker. Hopefully the next time I drop by I can get the manager to mark it down more ;) 

Picked up a Nexo pack for $3 at Walmart. Before you all crucify me for buying Nexo Knights I already sold the 5 I had for $5.50 each on BL as a special. 

They had a pop star stage for $15.00 (regularly $39.97) but it was slightly damaged and without a clearance sticker. Hopefully the next time I drop by I can get the manager to mark it down more  

I picked up a couple of those $3 Nexo.
I parted out the Lego and weapons (worth about $3 themselves) and will sell the minifigure separately. I sell minifigs to kids at my Center for $3-5 a piece. So I'm all for cheap minifigs regardless of where they're from.

Or I'll take them to Legoland and try to trade up.
  • Like 1

Just snagged a SOH for $225 after an amazon GC and 5% from using their CC....not too shabby. Pretty happy about it (well until it arrives and is smashed to pcs), been wanting this set for a while...it'll sit around for a min and if it does well, great, if not...building will commence! 

3 hours ago, MagicShop said:

I know that i shoudnt but it wasnt actually me that bought them ;) but i cant complain about the wife buys :D

I sometimes pick them up at 50-75% off. Not for investment though. I like to have small stuff like that around in case some of my nephews or sons friends come over to give them or I give them to my kids school prize bucket.

if it helps my nephews not touch my Lego sets $5.00 is totally worth it. Plus there are so many kids in their family they really appreciate any gifts even nexo Knights :)

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Can I have your clubcard points please :D

You may as well as I reached the 30,000 limit a couple of weeks ago! The fraud dept of HSBC called me 3 times today before each transaction was passed. I now have the extra warehouse space I've been crying out for. Let's hope Tesco deliver, they may have to walk from the truck to door a few times!

10 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

You may as well as I reached the 30,000 limit a couple of weeks ago! The fraud dept of HSBC called me 3 times today before each transaction was passed. I now have the extra warehouse space I've been crying out for. Let's hope Tesco deliver, they may have to walk from the truck to door a few times!

Best part is the delivery charge. PMSL!

If there was any profit in the sets left for them surely that's been wiped out now :)

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Best part is the delivery charge. PMSL!

Well they are certainly going to earn it walking from their van to my front door with boxes at least twice. Not to mention my other orders today. They could cancel but, have honoured bigger orders in the past. I could use C&C but, there's no way that my local Express has space for it all.

1 minute ago, Sprocket77 said:

At least someone found use for the Exo-suit there

I wonder what the BP record is for the number of Exo Suits ordered. I bet somebody is keeping very quiet!