What Lego set did you buy today?

Found a bunch of Series 2 Friends animal packs for $3.99 at TJ Maxx and some Brick Master DK books (with pieces) for $19.00. They also had Duplo for 50% off that I picked up. Not that anyone's into Duplo but they are the cute animal and princess sets.

Had a couple of hours to kill, so went out to a remote Target in the boonies...ended up with a good haul:

6864 Two Face Chase - 34.98 (x8)

6859 Catcycle Chase - 8.38 (x6)

6863 Batwing Battle - 24.48 (x4)

6868 Hulk Helicarrier - 34.98 (x1)

9516 Jabba's Palace - 67.18 (x3)

30161 Batmobile Poly - 1.98 (x14)

79008 LOTR Pirate Ship Ambush 69.98 (x3)

Plus a few 30-50% off City small vehicles for myself (Cement Truck, Fire Helicopter, few others).

Also got 2 Unimogs at a TRU

Strangest find of the day was a MISB 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave at one of the nearby Walmarts but passed since I have a few of these to sell and they aren't great performers.

Overall a very nice day, especially for being several days post-clearance. 

Tower Bridge for $180USD on a buy it now on Ebay.

Arkham Aslylum - $135USD buy it now on Ebay

Palace Cinema - $130USD buy it now on Ebay

These people who are selling have less than 30 feedbacks. So far, it's been working quite well for me. I don't know what's going on but when the products of these people arrive, it's under a different name from Walmart. I can care less since this is going back to Canada for quick flips.

These people who are selling have less than 30 feedbacks. So far, it's been working quite well for me. I don't know what's going on but when the products of these people arrive, it's under a different name from Walmart. I can care less since this is going back to Canada for quick flips.

Drop shipping...If it from a different name could be a stolen CC

Edit: DNIIM wrote a nice article about drop shipping and fraud

Either way, if I don't grab them, someone else will. Might as well I grab them. :)

What goes on with Drop shipping?

Seller steals someone's credit card, then uses their info to order a set from a retailer, but have it shipped to you...

This can get you (as a buyer) banner/blacklisted from online retailers if they find out enough stolen CCs are being used to ship stolen goods to you...

That sounds like a drop-ship scam.

Usually when the seller don't have much feedback and has it listed like this, the seller most likely is a drop seller.

Item specifics

Condition:

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing ... Read moreabout the condition

Brand:

LEGO

Recommended Age Range:

16+

MPN:

10214 6089, 10214, 6089

Boys & Girls

UPC:

Detailed item info

Product Information

Stretching over the River Thames since 1894, the famous Tower Bridge of London, England is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the world. Now you can add this timeless classic to your LEGO world buildings collection with the Expert Tower Bridge LEGO Bridge Set! Designed with advanced building techniques and rare colors and elements, the Tower Bridge is complete with its iconic-paired towers and a drawbridge that really opens. Fun to build and display, it locks together solidly, but can be taken apart in sections for easy transport. It includes four miniature vehicles: a black London taxi, a traditional red double-decker bus, a yellow truck and a green automobile.

Product Identifiers

Brand LEGO

Model Tower Bridge

MPN 10214, 10214 6089, 6089

UPC 673419128971, 673419197960

Either way, if I don't grab them, someone else will. Might as well I grab them. :)

What goes on with Drop shipping?

I had 2 local police detectives come to my door for a good 20 minutes of interrogation over a drop ship scam with a stolen credit card off ebay. Bottom line is the goods are shipped to you so you're the first place the police check to see if you are in on the scam.

Yeah, I got my credit card statement...oh, boy...I got a little carried with the string of insane deals; especially those freebie sets that TRU and FAO bundled with exclusives...had to take a break.

The problem with this site though is you can really never leave it; you're always wondering if you're missing a killer deal after being conditioned from this holiday season...

• Like 2

Yeah, I got my credit card statement...oh, boy...I got a little carried with the string of insane deals; especially those freebie sets that TRU and FAO bundled with exclusives...had to take a break.

The problem with this site though is you can really never leave it; you're always wondering if you're missing a killer deal after being conditioned from this holiday season...

You can check out anytime you like,

but you can never leave!

I'd like to personally thank KMart.com for making my after Christmas clearance hunt not a total bust.  I did a little more price matching today.

KMart

• 3 x City: Coast Guard Helicopter - $15 each
  • 1 x Ninjago: Garmatron - $15
  • This garnered me a $0.30 off a gallon Speedway coupon and I was able to use my $10 in SYWR points w/ $50 purchase coupon

Toys R Us

• 3 x Castle:Dragon Mountain - $15.17 each totaling $48.23 after tax (price matched KMart.com and used a Wendy's coupon, so they took $10 off)

I had 2 local police detectives come to my door for a good 20 minutes of interrogation over a drop ship scam with a stolen credit card off ebay. Bottom line is the goods are shipped to you so you're the first place the police check to see if you are in on the scam.

So what was the final outcome and resolution?  Did the police take away your drop shipped Lego set?  and did eBay/Paypal hold your funding while under investigation?

Zip, zilch, nada...

The 3 Walmarts, 2 Targets, 1 Kmart, and 2 TRU stores have exactly pooh on sale/clearance in my area. The good side of this is that when they replenish/reset toy sections with new inventory, any sales will actually have items on the shelf, vs. empty spaces. The overstocked items at regular price will hopefully get marked down to make room for new.

I'll make the weekly trip to local LEGO store to start filling the PAB boxes (I think I have a dozen or so...most earned, others are freebies from people who know me), and hopefully there are some decent sales or returned items I missed out on (LR Train...pfft).