Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - August 2013

brandon90820

yeah and the galaxy promo is only the first 2 weeks. There doesn't seem to be a minimum purchase for the friends promo, so buying a small set to get the promo looks like a good idea.

With no minimum purchase, might be a good time to make several small Friends orders.  There will be a glut of these on the market at first, but should be a $10-15 poly during the Christmas season, or bundle it with a Friends set.  I have a few Butterfly Beautys that would pair well with this...

With no minimum purchase, might be a good time to make several small Friends orders.  There will be a glut of these on the market at first, but should be a $10-15 poly during the Christmas season, or bundle it with a Friends set.  I have a few Butterfly Beautys that would pair well with this...

I think I might buy my first friends set just to get it.

But you would have to pay shipping on a small order.

Well if you're dying to get the new Friends sets coming out at the same time (Dolphin Cruise, Heartlake High) the ice cream stand is a nice little bonus.

Also looks nice next to that hot dog stand! Now we just need a falafel cart and the street food collection will be complete...

So, not many of you guys are fortunate to live by a LEGO Store. I went to my local one a few days ago and when I walked in, was handed the calendar for August 2013. From what I saw/heard they only hand them out for 30 minutes every few days (at least at the Paramus, NJ store). Any way, below are both sides of the calendar. Sorry for the bad quality, the handout was too large for me to scan. 

k8y4PFE.jpg

On3zRai.jpg?1

I'm not really digging anything that is going on next month. However I will be stocking up on Friends polybags and getting a ton of those ice cream sets. 

• 3 weeks later...

Emazers did post that the SSD, FB, and TB would retire this year, so if you trust him, the answer is yes. I'm thinking  that he's right...

I am thinking that since the FB was on the market for so long, it would have to retie soon, or it would become an 10188 Death Star which is an investors nightmare, a set that has been on the market really long and does not seen to retire soon. I am on the fence with the TB, it may EOL this year or next year is my predictions. As for the SSD, I have noticed a pattern with Star Wars set, they usually are on the primary market for two to three years, except for the Death Star and now, the set is about two years old, so it may go EOL this year. But, we can only predict this, and sometimes we are not always accurate, we will know when these sets retire when they are not sold on LEGO Shop at Home anymore.