What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Didn't buy this beauty ....

(Sorry for the rotated pic - image shows up fine on my computer but gets rotated in forum).

Tag says "was $60, now $42.68". Someone got lazy with the pricing gun I think.

I thought it was just my tablet, I'm often having same issue when adding pics.

Guest TabbyBoy
48 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Passed up on Vader 75111 since this is likely to be around for another year and on offer again

Did you pass it up at £10.34 or closer to RRP? £10.34 is a no-brainer for me.

1 hour ago, LegoAddict42 said:

What!! I haven't seen any either since they went 75% off couple months ago.

Target in my area is not aggressive at all in discounting, so there were only a couple stores that did anything better than 30%.

1 hour ago, Ciglione said:

I've never seen so many on a shelf. What is the discount about? 25 dollar off 100 dollar purchase. So it would make them interesting indeed!

I won't touch these until they are sub-$40, and that discount only brings them to 1 for $60 or 2 for $55 each

2 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Tabby, you have an addiction.  Always justified actions.  You either love making money(if so why get out), love hoarding, 5000 ssd stored on the moon, or can't say no and are habitual.  All said in fun of course.  Reading all the posts that are extremes, makes me smile.

I think most lego "investors" have an addictive personality, they find it very difficult to stop as they either just loving going through the buying / selling process and making money. I know I fit that personality and havr found it almost impossible to go even 1 month without picking up a bargain.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I think most lego "investors" have an addictive personality, they find it very difficult to stop as they either just loving going through the buying / selling process and making money. I know I fit that personality and havr found it almost impossible to go even 1 month without picking up a bargain.

True for me as well. Everytime I get an alert of a decent deal I have troubles not to give in. But till now I could resist.

Maybe an idea to disable them alerts.

Edited by Ciglione

Guest TabbyBoy

I only buy if I have an exit strategy lined up, the long-term hoarding days are over. Tower Bridge cost me dearly and there's no need to buy these until at least "Retiring Soon". They're also so hoarded that it could be another 3-5yrs post EOL before any profit as so many got these at -50% or less. I offloaded at break-even and counted myself lucky. I've had more phone calls so it looks like most of my DVs could be going by Xmas. Since they take up little space, I'll keep 50 until EOL.

If any set on offer needs holding, I now leave it alone.

1 hour ago, Mhd747 said:

I can stop buying anytime my credit card wants.

• Like 3

Ooo that's me, that's me. But I have enough restraint to never buy unless 40% off or greater for SW, JW or 50% off or greater for superheroes.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, bricksnstocks said:

Star Wars Ewok Village 10236 at msrp + tax...I used to jump all over a recently retired exclusive set even at msrp, but no more

Good man! It's still very available in the UK and still in stock, I'm avoiding this turkey. If one set can perform worse than R5, this is it. Slave I will be the turkey of 2017 ;-)

8 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I only buy if I have an exit strategy lined up, the long-term hoarding days are over. Tower Bridge cost me dearly and there's no need to buy these until at least "Retiring Soon". They're also so hoarded that it could be another 3-5yrs post EOL before any profit as so many got these at -50% or less. I offloaded at break-even and counted myself lucky. I've had more phone calls so it looks like most of my DVs could be going by Xmas. Since they take up little space, I'll keep 50 until EOL.

If any set on offer needs holding, I now leave it alone.

Nicee, have you cleared your truckload full of volcano trucks ? :))