It is finally done!

Grolim

I finally finished my build of the 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon yesterday.  Such an Epic build!

I highly recommend it to anyone out there to give this thing a go at least once if you get the opportunity.

I have built plenty of large sets before including at least half a dozen UCS sets but nothing compared to this.  As I was building it I really got the sense that the designers went all out and no expense was spared in creating it.  All the little greebling parts were not skimped on at all and the rigid internal frame was superbly engineered to hold the large weight of the model.

It took me many many hours, perhaps 50+ working off an on over the last 6 weeks.  Much of the battle was trying to find pieces within such a huge starting pile.

Anyway, here's the finished result.  I might add some more build picks to my album at some stage as well.

• Like 5

It was second hand and is in pretty good condition 100% complete with the box and manual.  All the stickers had been applied and they all look ok.

I'll probably enjoy it on display for a while and then look to sell it on.  I can't justify having the money tied up in it.  I just wanted to build it at least once in my lifetime  :D

Congrats! Though I came into this thread thinking something had just EOL-ed... :(

lol I thought the exact same thing

Me too at first.

Ah, the old not looking at the forum the post is in trick.  Gets me quite often as well  :D

Looks at box in the cupboard and ponders sourcing the last 100 parts for it.....

one day

You must do this!  You won't regret it my Aussie friend.  

...Because it is the most pathetic scene of all time.

For sure. I would have had Vader destroy everything in the room with the Force, before force choking Palpatine in despair.

Instead we get "Nooooooooooooo!". Really feel bad for James Earl Jones having to utter that tripe seeing what Vader had been reduced to.

• Like 2

For sure. I would have had Vader destroy everything in the room with the Force, before force choking Palpatine in despair.

Instead we get "Nooooooooooooo!". Really feel bad for James Earl Jones having to utter that tripe seeing what Vader had been reduced to.

Bringing Jar-Jar in right before would have added some credibility to the performance.